Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Genesis Foxtrot at YY Sound Systems

Go down

Genesis Foxtrot at YY Sound Systems Empty Genesis Foxtrot at YY Sound Systems

Post by bassraptor Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:27 am

Genesis Foxtrot at YY Sound Systems Gary-k11

By AMMAR MARITI

Photos courtesy of El Hefe HiFi Reviews

Ah, what better way to spend a Sunday evening than immersing yourself in the pure, unadulterated beauty of a finely-tuned audio set-up? That's precisely what unfolded at YY Sound Systems, nestled within the Glo Damansara Shopping Mall.

The esteemed Gary Koh, the loudspeaker designer behind Genesis Advanced Technologies, had made an appearance to unveil the company's latest speakers: the commanding Genesis Foxtrot and the more compact (but still a floorstander) Genesis Minuet. Worth to mention was the absent medium-sized Genesis Tango, leaving the focus squarely on these two models.

Koh's presentation was a masterclass in audio design. As the designer, he detailed the research and development process that culminated in these speakers. His pursuit was clear: to achieve that fine balance between measuring great and sounding amazing.

Genesis Foxtrot at YY Sound Systems Foxtro11

The woofer section features a dual driver set-up. The front-firing and inner-mounted woofers collaborate to deliver bass that is both precise and energetic. Additionally, a tweeter mounted at the back operates in a dipole manner, reflecting off the rear wall to enhance imaging.

Constructed from multi-layer bamboo, the cabinet is a combination of both form and function. The perpendicular grain arrangement ensures excellent rigidity, eliminating any adverse effects on sound quality. At an inch thick, this construction method keeps the loudspeaker cabinet robust.

"There's only a pair of binding posts at the back," Koh explained. "I don't want the sound to be altered by using different amps for the different sections. Or even worse, some people might even use different cables!"

I chuckled at the idea, but thinking back, I had actually seen people do that in the wild. Indeed, these speakers are his brainchild, crafted with a commitment to sonic perfection.

"I've met and known some of the singers we're listening to today," he shared. "Knowing Vanessa Fernandes personally allowed me to fine-tune the speakers to capture the true essence of her vocals."

Our listening session featured the Foxtrot, paired with a TechDAS turntable, a CH Precision phono stage, and a Jadis i70 tube amplifier. From classical to jazz, the Foxtrot navigated each genre with effortless grace, never faltering under the demands of dynamic tracks.

Genesis Foxtrot at YY Sound Systems Genesi10

As for the sound? The Foxtrot delivers an auditory experience that is cohesive and perfectly balanced. The speakers simply disappeared, leaving a soundstage that extends far beyond their position.

YY Sound Systems is the Malaysian distributor for Genesis Advanced Technologies loudspeakers. The Foxtrot will set you back a cool US$13,800 (RM63,000) while the Minuet will cost you US$8,000 (RM36,500).

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1239
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down