Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

How Important is CD Player to sit parallely?

2 posters

Go down

How Important is CD Player to sit parallely?  Empty How Important is CD Player to sit parallely?

Post by Mikapoh Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi all beloved Hifi gurus,

As the subject refers, how critical is to ensure our CD player is always at perfect level? Will the slight off axis degrades its overall sound? Have you ever taken the effort to measure your precious CD player to make sure they are *dead even* even sitting on a platform or cones?

I know a fraction of millimeters off can cause the player to be leaning to one side, backward or forward. This could be due to our floor unevenness or the rubber feet of the players not even. Question is how detrimental is this to the sound? I know turntable is a must but how about cdp? Can we allow a slight tolerance level?? If not, what's theory behind?

Thanks.

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

How Important is CD Player to sit parallely?  Empty Re: How Important is CD Player to sit parallely?

Post by sflam Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:54 pm

in some ways the cd player is like a turntable. in a turntable, the stylus reads the grooves by riding on them. so it is best for the turntable to be level.

in a cd player, the laser reads the pits on the cd. i feel it is best for the cd player to be level too to reduce the number of errors.

when the laser does not pick up some data, the cd player will continue playing, but the error correction circuit kicks in and extrapolates.

fewer errors result in better sound.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down