Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male?

+12
car o scope
WongKN
fizi
leofric32
123_rocketman
sonyman1
alex
azri
mugenfoo
skydna
hifikaki
tubejunkie
16 posters

Go down

Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male? Empty Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male?

Post by tubejunkie Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 am

hey fellows... any ideas why women dun love hifi. Do you guys enjoy listen wth your girl friend or wife b4 ? Seems all the member here are male only. Hey admin...any female member so far. I am just curious.. rendeer

tubejunkie
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male? Empty Re: Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male?

Post by hifikaki Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 am

bcos for female, most of them call jewelkaki lah..

hifikaki
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male? Empty Re: Guyz..why are most Hi-Fi enthusiasts male?

Post by skydna Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 am

I believe there are a lot female love music, but the fact is they wont spend much on equipment but the CDs, because female hate bulky big equipment and trouble in setting up, so normally choose those stylish mini hifi~~
Most the member here are male as you can see in hifi shows
As i know Singapore has more female hifikaki that play headphone, normally those has been married will purchase hifi with their honey and lastly her husband addicted and become hifikaki and keep upgrading
when her honey going to works the hifi will be her turn to enjoy her lovely musics Very Happy
skydna
skydna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim
Amplification: Naim
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:48 am

Guys have their gadgets & toys.

Gals have their rocks/stones & fashion stuff.

RM30K for a Conrad-Johnson amp vs RM30K for a Hermes handbag.

Which is better? Depends on who you're asking!
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:48 am

... then, what do gays and lesbians like ?

hahahaha
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 am

i believe seller solehah can answer this Very Happy
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by alex Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 am

What does gay and lesbian have to do with solehah? Shocked

alex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 am

solehah is a female not the gay or lesbian thing ayyooo
correct me if i am wrong ok.. im refering to the thread title
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tubejunkie Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:41 am

mugenfoo wrote:... then, what do gays and lesbians like ?

hahahaha

hahaha..joe !! funny man... Very Happy...haha waht say u ?

tubejunkie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sonyman1 Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:11 pm

i think females have too many things, guys only have like cars, hifi and football, girls shopping, shoes, handbag, slimming, nail polish, what ever, but if a guy with hifi, that he gives so much attention to, then he neglects the women beside him. as u know female requires attention from male to survive, hehehe, dont take it too seriously,

sonyman1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by 123_rocketman Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi guys,

Don't generalise too much. My wife loves music. She loves jazz and she has a better listening skill than mine. Dont play play man. Lately, she is thinking of upgrading our speakers to Dynaudio Countour 3.4 man!!!

Last edited by 123_rocketman on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : English!!!!)

123_rocketman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by leofric32 Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 pm

hi guys, my wife loves music too and love to buy CD. What I notice is that their expectation on HiFi is not as much as we do until you expose them to the real HiFi and they will never go back to their mini-hifi.

At the same time, they do have their priorities and that is not Hifi. It is an education process if you want your girlfriend/wife to sit next to you. Both me and my wife sitting down together almost everyday to enjoy our music. More conversation between us too.

IMO, I think if there is any lady that put hifi into their priority list, they might be a better listener/critics/evaluator...what you call them. They might also spend more, like what they did on their girl-thingi shopping.

leofric32
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:19 pm

rocketman and leo..congrat both of u..hopefully my future wife will love too..no need to lie bout the bill hehehehee Very Happy

If not maybe they want same value or more for their jewelleries Twisted Evil
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:51 pm

I am not sure if you guys are aware of it or not. The female of a given age generally has better physical listening ability than the male. Meaning they can hear higher frequencies and discern more subtile audio differences than the typical male. Also most females are more concerned with the actual music. So some 'audiophiles' with a music collection counting in the tens and all of them 'bing-bang-boom', they can quite surely forget about getting any female to enjoy their 'music' and system with them (no offence meant yah). Most female are inherently music lovers. They love good music and they usually love to dance and move to the music. So they appreciate good music and won't know all the fuss is about the more 'analytical' aspects of hifi (like 'solid imaging !', 'subtle micro-dynamics !', etc). To them, the music is either 'good' or 'not enjoyable'. When the music is good, they start moving to the body or sing along (you got to accept this, don't expect them to keep quiet). But they can also have the most 'descriptive' of terms for bad sound. My friend's wife veto'ed the new Thiel CS5 during a recent audition session I attended with them. She told my friend she felt all tense and annoyed when listening to the music and had the urge to 'slap someone'. My friend quickly asked the speaker to be changed. Very Happy

My wife and my friend/hifi-dealer's wife refuses to follow us to a hi-fi session unless we promise it is a -proper- music enjoying session. They hate listening to a great piece of music only to have it cut off half-way and then repeated again and again ad nauseum while we 'dance with the speakers' or 'massage the turntable' (my friend's wife also complaints my friend dances with his speakers but not with her ! Laughing ).
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tubejunkie Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:21 am

WongKN wrote:I am not sure if you guys are aware of it or not. The female of a given age generally has better physical listening ability than the male. Meaning they can hear higher frequencies and discern more subtile audio differences than the typical male. Also most females are more concerned with the actual music. So some 'audiophiles' with a music collection counting in the tens and all of them 'bing-bang-boom', they can quite surely forget about getting any female to enjoy their 'music' and system with them (no offence meant yah). Most female are inherently music lovers. They love good music and they usually love to dance and move to the music. So they appreciate good music and won't know all the fuss is about the more 'analytical' aspects of hifi (like 'solid imaging !', 'subtle micro-dynamics !', etc). To them, the music is either 'good' or 'not enjoyable'. When the music is good, they start moving to the body or sing along (you got to accept this, don't expect them to keep quiet). But they can also have the most 'descriptive' of terms for bad sound. My friend's wife veto'ed the new Thiel CS5 during a recent audition session I attended with them. She told my friend she felt all tense and annoyed when listening to the music and had the urge to 'slap someone'. My friend quickly asked the speaker to be changed. Very Happy

My wife and my friend/hifi-dealer's wife refuses to follow us to a hi-fi session unless we promise it is a -proper- music enjoying session. They hate listening to a great piece of music only to have it cut off half-way and then repeated again and again ad nauseum while we 'dance with the speakers' or 'massage the turntable' (my friend's wife also complaints my friend dances with his speakers but not with her ! Laughing ).

This is quite funny...hahaha Laughing Did his wife asked him to sleep wth his hi fi !?also ?!

tubejunkie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 am

tubejunkie wrote:
This is quite funny...hahaha Laughing Did his wife asked him to sleep wth his hi fi !?also ?!

mebbe the husband and wife "sleep" better together with the hi-fi playing ? hahahahahahahahaha
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:59 am

Well, let me warn you guys that if you are married and you end up paying way too much attention and spending too much on your hifi system than your wife, just get ready for where she will ask you to sleep ! Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:26 am

Sounds like someone is writing based on his real experience... hehehehehehe..... Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:31 pm

WongKN wrote:Well, let me warn you guys that if you are married and you end up paying way too much attention and spending too much on your hifi system than your wife, just get ready for where she will ask you to sleep ! Laughing

i got the perfect answer to this ...

you the wife rather have the husband spend too much time with toys and gadgets, or spend too much time "outside" with potential other female distractions instead? Razz Razz Razz
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 pm

We asian's often respect our elders (the saying 'they 'eat salt more than we eat rice') and it applies in hifi too. I often sit respectfully and listen to the stories and wisdom when old timers trade stories about their hifi experiences. Lots of things to learn there. And lots of interesting stories to hear. No prizes for guessing where I heard -that- story. One old-man also told us his wife once told him 'lam che kor lar-par fahn la' (go hug your speaker and sleep lar, i.e. don't bother coming to the room tonight !!) Laughing

I really like talking to the old-timers. They really appreciate if you spend the time to chat with them and if you pay them a visit, they are often very hospitable because you respect them enough to visit them (of course they only extend this invitation if you are their friend lar). I also find them very honest and down to earth, no pretentions.

Visiting them is a very enlightening experience. Most of them will have a collection of 'bing-bang-boom's which they will play when I visit and did not request for anything specific. If I request for a specific music, their eyes will actually light up because we will be listening to -real- music instead of audiophile-type test tracks. For many, their staple diet is usually high quality CDs/LPs by Tsaichin, Teresa Teng and other legendary chinese singers. Some of them have a damn good collection of chinese music, collected when they were young. The chinese songs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, are by a million miles, far far better than most of the modern chinese songs. When I ask them to put on a good piece of music which -they- usually listen to, it will be one of the legendary chinese singers of old, tsaichin, teresa teng, -or if they also listen to english or classical, something with less than emaculate recording quality but damn enjoyable music.

Interacting with them also teaches me to take care of my body, especially my ears (appreciate them for being good enough to appreciate fine music) and also the wisdom of how hifi -should- really be enjoyed (listen to the music, not to the sound).

The old-man who taught me the most was a Mr Yap. Over 80years old and always fully of energy, with a strong voice and able body. He always has sometime to laugh about. His advice to me was very telling. "At my age, I never knows if I will ever wake up again the next morning when I go to sleep tonight. So every morning when I open my eyes and I find myself still alive, I will give out a hearty and happy laugh. Thanks for one more day of a healthy life. And I value that by enjoying my hifi !".

Live and let live. Enjoy our lives meaningfully ! There's much wisdom on them old sayings. Very Happy
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:33 pm

so .. any gay/lesbian hi-fi audionuts out there ? Or r u too shy to own up? hahahahaha.

does your gay/lesbian partner get jealous against the hifi system ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Why suddenly you are so active in finding out how gay/lesbian feel about Hi Fi? Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I've once visited a lady somewhere in KL whos got a decent hifi system, tube amplifier, and a wonderful mixed collection of CD's, new old, audiophile, most desirable, common, what have you. Quite typical of likely well advised, sufficiently learned individual lady with a definite interest in hifi, NO doubt.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:09 pm

mebbe she is Lesbian ?? Razz Razz Razz
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:56 am

Of course, there are some ladies who are into HiFi or HT stuffs.
It is just that they dont take part in the conversations here.. Very Happy

Or maybe some of them are pretending to be males here??
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 am

mugenfoo wrote:mebbe she is Lesbian ?? Razz Razz Razz
Sorry, but what sort of silly comment is that?. Not nice or infantile to offend someone you have no idea about.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by sanguine Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:21 pm

a lesbian is female and connotes a preference for the same gender. being a lesbian does not make u a male. Mugenfoo mebbe tech savy but afraid it seems to end there.....give a man enuf string and he will surely hang himself.............mebbe!

sanguine
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tubejunkie Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:41 pm

hi fellows, this is an open forum. The place that we share, exchange ideas, meet friends etc. Freedom of speech applies here...ofcoz ! Everyone have difference thoughts and free to express in their own way. Dun take it so serious la..unless u r a terrorist ..haha Laughing we dun make/force a person to like us or either we can't control their thoughts. Enjoy..and have fun !!

tubejunkie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sanguine Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks tubejunkie, duly noted but why do you address the forum as fellows? one cud say u're sexist?

sanguine
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:29 am

Eh, lets not discriminate here ya ...

Doesn't matter if that person is straight, gay, lesbian, bi , tri, omni , or beastial....

All are welcome to enjoy good hi-fi .

HAHAHA ! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

p.s. ... someone here is into ropes as well? Wow ... thats some fetish! RESPECK !
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jermaine Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:59 pm

suddenly i feel this forum discuss about gender..... affraid

jermaine

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Of course its about gender.

the topic did have the words "guyz" & "male" in it right ? Hellooooooo ?
Razz
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:34 pm

i have a lady audiophile friend staying very near my place......large cd collection, room treatments, power conditioning, valve amplifications!!!Wah liao!!!! I also met a couple of ladies into vinyls too!!!

btw i'm one of those old unkers who has weird hifi preferences. you probably will 'pengsan' if u see my setup and room treatments

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down