Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Speaker cable upgrade

+2
alex_kff
llsaw
6 posters

Go down

Speaker cable upgrade Empty Speaker cable upgrade

Post by llsaw Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 am

Since cables are such hot topic let me stir up the hornets nest. Any suggestion for my speaker upgrade? I'm currently running "chicken wire" QED Silver Anniversarry XTs on my Audiophysic Scorpio. Amp is Primare I30 while CDP is Rega Saturn. All other cables are Siltech Classic Anniversary series. Would've been interested to try Siltech for speaker too but way above my max budget of ~MYR 3K. I need ~5m run per side. Heard the Clearaudio Clearline does wonders. Anyone here running the Clearaudio?

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Speaker cable upgrade Empty Re: Speaker cable upgrade

Post by alex_kff Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:24 am

llsaw wrote:Since cables are such hot topic let me stir up the hornets nest. Any suggestion for my speaker upgrade? I'm currently running "chicken wire" QED Silver Anniversarry XTs on my Audiophysic Scorpio. Amp is Primare I30 while CDP is Rega Saturn. All other cables are Siltech Classic Anniversary series. Would've been interested to try Siltech for speaker too but way above my max budget of ~MYR 3K. I need ~5m run per side. Heard the Clearaudio Clearline does wonders. Anyone here running the Clearaudio?

llsaw,
~5m run per side??? equal to 16ft-4inches per side??? must be joking???
if i were you stick back your QED. Clearaudio Clearline can't do the wonders at 5m. there are alot of sifu here can do the calculation for cables signal drop. please check. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_lol Speaker cable upgrade Icon_lol Speaker cable upgrade Icon_lol
happy listening.

alex_kff
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 am

alex_kff wrote:
llsaw wrote:Since cables are such hot topic let me stir up the hornets nest. Any suggestion for my speaker upgrade? I'm currently running "chicken wire" QED Silver Anniversarry XTs on my Audiophysic Scorpio. Amp is Primare I30 while CDP is Rega Saturn. All other cables are Siltech Classic Anniversary series. Would've been interested to try Siltech for speaker too but way above my max budget of ~MYR 3K. I need ~5m run per side. Heard the Clearaudio Clearline does wonders. Anyone here running the Clearaudio?

llsaw,
~5m run per side??? equal to 16ft-4inches per side??? must be joking???
if i were you stick back your QED. Clearaudio Clearline can't do the wonders at 5m. there are alot of sifu here can do the calculation for cables signal drop. please check. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_lol Speaker cable upgrade Icon_lol Speaker cable upgrade Icon_lol
happy listening.

Yes 5m per side. Have scheduled for a home audition of the Clearline. Will report if there's an improvement.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 am

I'm currently running a personal comparo, nothing serious, just out of curiosity since cuti-cuti Chritsmas/End-year. of speakers cables that I have, some using some idling:

1. Transparent Musicwave 4 m (from hf4s)
2. Kimber 12 TC 1.8 m
3. Synergistic Research Signature 10 (w Active Shielding) 2 m
4. Audio Art SC5 1.8 m (from hf4s)
3. Vdh (not sure the model) 2.5 m
5. Ixos (not sure model too) 2.5 m

Based on what I heard, the Transparent and Synergistic Sig 10 seems most satisfying overall with the Living Voice spkrs, the 12 TC sweetest with my Von Schweikert but unbearable (for me though) through the LV... The models from Audio Art, Vdh and Ixos are in a different league altogether (their higher end brethren may tell a different story). IMHO many variables still need to be taken into account but the cable length may not be the main factor in my system I suppose.
My two sens worth... Very Happy
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks for the comparo Zee Bee. Yes, I do not think signal drop will be a major factor for 5m if at all..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SVI3206A Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:54 am

I use Supra Ply3.4S, very nice detailed inexpensive cable, for my Technics system.

TNT AUdio, gave it a really nice review.
I got mine from Divine Audio in the UK, and also the Australia supplier of Supra 18/metre

SVI3206A

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:23 pm

SVI3206A wrote:I use Supra Ply3.4S, very nice detailed inexpensive cable, for my Technics system.

TNT AUdio, gave it a really nice review.
I got mine from Divine Audio in the UK, and also the Australia supplier of Supra 18/metre

Errrr.. I think Supra Ply 3.4 will be a lateral move rather than an upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion though..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SVI3206A Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi llsaw Smile no worries, very nice cable works wonders for me, but i would read reviews and stuff like that in deciding Smile

SVI3206A

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:40 pm

SVI3206A wrote:Hi llsaw Smile no worries, very nice cable works wonders for me, but i would read reviews and stuff like that in deciding Smile

Actually a proper audition better still home audition is a must for me rather than reviews..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SVI3206A Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Yes, must be to able to judge the cable urself. For me i had to take a chance and go by reviews, i was lucky the cable turned out to my liking Smile

SVI3206A

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi WongKN,

Am currently home auditioning the Clearaudio Clearline. Too good, just too good! Sounds like I upgraded my already excellent ScorpiosSpeaker cable upgrade Icon_eek Am outta words..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi SVI3206,

Which part of the UK are you from? I used to study @ Coventry U back in '96..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SVI3206A Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Llsaw, iam from Australia, but i buy my stuff from the UK, sometimes is cheaper for me, that buying here. Smile Having a very cold winter in the UK!!

WongKN, the Clearaudio mains is a 5star winner with whathifi.

SVI3206A

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:42 pm

SVI3206A wrote:Hi Llsaw, iam from Australia, but i buy my stuff from the UK, sometimes is cheaper for me, that buying here. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_smile Having a very cold winter in the UK!!

Ok... The Clearaudio speaker cable qualifies for 6 stars with my setup. Only problem is cost. > 535GBP (RM3K) for a 5metre pair.. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_cry

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Even more stars circling above my head after looking at the price. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_smile
But then.. there are many even more expensive cables out there.
So, start save up bit by bit for it lor.. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

wow, thats heaps of mooney
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SVI3206A Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:21 pm

llsaw wrote:
SVI3206A wrote:Hi Llsaw, iam from Australia, but i buy my stuff from the UK, sometimes is cheaper for me, that buying here. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_smile Having a very cold winter in the UK!!

Ok... The Clearaudio speaker cable qualifies for 6 stars with my setup. Only problem is cost. > 535GBP (RM3K) for a 5metre pair.. Speaker cable upgrade Icon_cry

Dang expensive, i wanted the mains Clearer Audio but cost, so ended up with a mains filter. If the powercable is 5star so woudl the speaker cable be Speaker cable upgrade Icon_cheers

SVI3206A

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 am

OK.. end of search. I bought the Clearlines.

SVI3206A,

Clearaudio <> Cleareraudio. Clearaudio is a German concern and its primary business is manufacturing fab turntables. Clearer Audio seems to be British and seems to be only involved in hi-fi cables.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down