Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

What combination for budget 10-12k ?

+4
car o scope
adrian4454
Chewkw
grantorino
8 posters

Go down

What combination for budget 10-12k ? Empty What combination for budget 10-12k ?

Post by grantorino Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:26 pm

To all the sifus,
Me , a beginner in Hi Fi , my budget is around 10-12k,
system will be placed at my room ( average size )
Speaker - pro ac studio 110
Amp - ? ( NAim, Roksan kandy)
CD player - ? ( Meredian )
I know with the above budget it might not be possible to purchase the above combination. But anyway please suggest other option. New or used does not matter or maybe someone can guide me what and where to buy , how much to pay. Maybe i might sound sound unrealistic, but i hope someone out there is kind enough to teach me something about this new hobby. Thank u for yr time reading my post.

grantorino

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

What combination for budget 10-12k ? Empty Re: What combination for budget 10-12k ?

Post by Chewkw Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear Grantorino,
I always give advise that every one should start from type of music you are listen (your taste). You should know what you like most. There is no perfect & best Hifi, is just which type you like.

For budget 10k-12k, you got no problems for searching your hifi. I can give you some idea which can get it on hifi4sale.net.

Naim 5i - RM4300 - RM4500 (new) CMY Damansara

Rogers LS6a/2 speakers RM-970nego. (Used)
Epos M16 Contect RM2500 (Used)
or
B&W Nautilous 804 RM 4500 (Used)
Arcam CD Player 72 RM1300 (Used)

by the way, I do not like the ProAc with naim match. It sound bad combination to me.

Good luck

Last edited by Chewkw on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chewkw
Chewkw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim CDS II
Amplification: Naim NAC52/NAP135
Speakers: Naim SBL

Back to top Go down

What combination for budget 10-12k ? Empty Re: What combination for budget 10-12k ?

Post by adrian4454 Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:11 pm

- Exposure 2010s amp
- Exposure 2010s CD
- Epos M12i

I now all are 5 stars rated equipment. How well there match, I dont know. But proper setup can make a hell lot of different. That doesnt mean speaker position, and room, but the cable that link them together.
But with that budget you should get a very decent sounding system.

To start with, get an amp or speaker, you like the most. Consider Naim amp is what you want, then buy that and match with all the speaker you can lay your hand on. Because these 2 components have the most critical in matching. As of the speaker cable, use the same cheap one first, because the resistance value has no much different compare to the expensive one in short run. Dont worry so much about the CD player.

You will have no problem finding a cable in later part of your fine tuning process when your purchase is completed. Do understand, no cable is perfect, and most are more of a sound condition than a super conductor.

p/s: The good part of 5 stars equipment, is that, even if you really dont like the setup in the end, it still fetch good 2nd value Smile

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:21 pm

I would like to tumpang tanya a bit..
What's the price for the Exposure 2010s?
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm

For Exposure, give Adrian of Audio Image a call - 03-79563077.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by grantorino Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 am

Dear Mr. Chewkw, WongKN, Adrian4454,
Thanks for all your advise and suggestion.

grantorino

Back to top Go down

Post by kolabear Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 am

hi grantorina
i like ur username. r u a big fan of the legendary clint eastwood? good luck in ur hifi hunting.
kolabear
kolabear
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by pakleng Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:31 am

After listening to my sifu's ultimate set up, I don't bother to upgrade anymore

pakleng
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by grantorino Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 am

Indeed I'm a c.eastwood fans, use that nickname after watching the " Grantorino ". Good movie. Did u watch " the Million dollar Baby " I love that show, two legend in a same film. Morgan Freemen is one of my favourite actor too.
By the way just want to know, if i intend to include Pro Ac Studio 110 in my hifi setup , what is the ideal combination for it. My assumption is that if we start off with a good pair of speaker then later the cost of upgrading wil be minimal at least for 2-3 years time. Or please suggest any good speaker to start with, mostly i listen to music like " Queen, BB King, eric Clapton, eva cassidy , dire straits, phill collins " .
Thanks for Reading.

grantorino

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Some suggestions for amps :

1. Primare i21 (i30 not necessary cause you are listening in a smaller room i think)
2. Roksan Kandy L3
3. Rega Mira

IMHO, you should audition as many amps as possible + bring your favourite cds along.

~Im only a noob, but im trying to be better~

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewkw Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi grantorino,
I do agree with
dheensay, if you really want to go for ProAc, go for Primare, Rokson or Rega. Please don't go for naim because it will change the cheracteristic of naim. Belive you ear batter then any review. Take your time and serching around. It is immposible to get perfect mach, but you should get what you want.
MP me if you want to audit naim system.
Chewkw
Chewkw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 192

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim CDS II
Amplification: Naim NAC52/NAP135
Speakers: Naim SBL

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

My 55cents that I would also like to share as a beginner :

1. Dont jump the gun and invest big right away. This is a journey in sound appreciation without a final destination.
2. Realise that you are going to be bitten by the "hifi bug" which makes you spend more each time Smile
3. Familiarise yourself with your current system before exploring further, because that will be the best measure of any difference in hearing.
4. Explore, sample and dont be afraid to let your senses (not other forumers or reviews) lead the way.

I used my base system for more than 2 years before slowly upgrading The base system has now been moved to the bedroom.

P.s. Hearing is much improved with a swig of whiskey Laughing

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down