Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

+17
mad.onenad
tmahmood
sflam
zul
wylee
bassraptor
wingman
car o scope
dnabira
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
fizi
tycham
JediSavant
cmboy
mugenfoo
WongKN
elhefe
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Empty Re: .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by fizi Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Mr T M mood - Price comparison looks like amazon a bit cheaper...how bout the courier charge Question
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Empty Re: .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by tmahmood Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Courier charges depends v much on the weight of your order. I usually get mine delivered by Fedex and would cost btwn usd35-50. Normally takes about 4-5 days. If only the customs people don't kacau, or at least be consistent in their valuation. Sad

tmahmood
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Michell Gyro SE, Linn Genki, Audiolab cd8200,wadia 170
Amplification: Naim XS,Linn Majik, Trichord Dino
Speakers: Mission 782

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 pm

fizi wrote:Mr T M mood - Price comparison looks like amazon a bit cheaper...how bout the courier charge Question

Fizi,

Amazon usually use general post, if u nak cepat, order early in the months, and so far never kena kacau by kastam.. Acousticsounds and musicdirect sometimes if shipped by Fedex always kena kacau by Kastam. Just 2 days ago, received my AP (analogue production's Very Happy) SACD and LP of same tittle (plus MF vinyl sleeves), kena extra RM100.09 saman Evil or Very Mad .. If I'm getting something from Audiogon, always asks the seller if the ship Fedex or not; normally I'd asked them to opt for other courier.

my two sens worth...
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 pm

mugenfoo wrote:The Beatles & Bob Dylan.

Bro,

Thanks for the P7 set up... now enjoying more of the black spinning disks.. Ironically got an Analogue Production reissue of one of my favourite album, Stan Getz Joao Gilberto that you spun for me the other day. Apparently, for this reissue, the channel has been 'switched' with Astrud now on the left channel...

Quoted from Acousticsound

The original master tapes for this title had not been used since 1980 previous to this reissue. Also, for this Analogue Productions reissue the decision was made to master and present this album as it was originally mixed to master tape. With very few exceptions all versions of this title to date, including the original, have had the channels incorrectly reversed. With this version, you'll hear this title as it was intended to be heard, without the channels reveresed. And again, those reissues you've heard up until now - definitely still breathy, warm and rich - were made from something less than the master. Prepare to hear the veil removed.

Ironically I have a 1964 Japanese Verve pressing of the same album (acquired at Amcorp) but the channels were as they were prior to this AP release.. Dunno who to believe..

Anyway, got u another vinyl for your effort with the P7, still unwrap direct from UK.. Hope you can take a Time out to 'Take Five' to listen to some 'unker' jazz.. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers,

zb
[img].....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Copy_a11[/img][img][img].....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Take_f10[/img]
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 pm

My copy of one reissue of Dave Brubeck is still sealed since it was acquired. I think its one of the earlier re-issues, but not the one a buddy bought at Rock Corner for a little over a hundred and it sound "just ok", doesn't seem to have freshness of an early Columbia release.

Anyway, have always been satisfied with the CD issue of this album, perhaps I'll open my copy one fine day and hear how it sounds. (when I've acquired a spanking new higher end cartridge)
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:21 pm

i have no "issue" with re-issues .... its far more important to enjoy the music than fret over how good or bad certain re-issues are, or what generation pressing of country of origin the LP may be.

Have bought both Time Out the Time Further Out (modern re-issues) of Dave Brubeck and enjoying it all just the same.

IMO, If I had the urge to splurge on some hardware to feel better ... perhaps a 5digit (RMXX,XXX) Phono Cartridge would give a more "feel good" factor here.

Wink
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:16 pm

I have issues and quite careful with re-issues once a while especially when I get to audition and compare them with the original releases.

A lot of re-issues are reprocessed or remastered to the engineers personal view of how the end result will be, trouble is my past experience is not good. Of course I'm quite forgiving and will contend with whats on hand and already owned. Worst case was one particular Teresa Teng double LP re-issue, I just puked and wasn't to my expectation. Not to mention the asking price for that set.

In truth I acquired quite a fair bit of re-issues for the sake of collecting them since I've nothing else and they've remained still sealed, perhaps I'll think of letting them go when I need the money to fund something else more worthwhile. Some of them are Chinese albums very adored for their audiophile quality or collectible status.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

I've heard a few pressings of Time Out on other people's systems and on my own and I can't shake the feeling that there's a 'hole in the middle' effect to them. The right and left channels are quite distinctly separated thus leaving an obvious gap in the middle. Anyone with a similar experience?
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Generally I think the stereo seperation is much wider than whats commonly engineered now. Its all in the mic positioning and mixdown process. Reminds me of some 60's British recording quite apparent on EMI (studio 4 or earlier) discs. Perhaps its wide stereo that captivated listeners at that point of time to demonstrate and highlight stereophonics. Oh well, if you don't fancy "hole in the middle", then there's always the MONO version, or you can flick the stereo/mono switch on your amp, if you have it.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 pm

tmahmood wrote:Courier charges depends v much on the weight of your order. I usually get mine delivered by Fedex and would cost btwn usd35-50. Normally takes about 4-5 days. If only the customs people don't kacau, or at least be consistent in their valuation. Sad

tmood/bro zeebee

im using the cheapest courier service by amazon..they charge around 4-8 usd and arrive at my home after 2 - 3 weeks....im buying more then 20 lp's from amazon already and no tax.from the 20 lp's that i bought our KASTAM officer only open once the reason only for them to check the originality... cheers
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Local Customs are unpredictable and inconsistent. For ages the way they operate is very subjective and debatable not to mention hearsay of cases of c******* . There's always just as many happy stories and awry cases. Just hope you're lucky thats all and prepared in any case. Refusal to accept the landed item or return to sender isn't an option. The item is paid for, just the duty issue. Import a TT(even if 50 years old) and you can be almost sure of sales tax incurred.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:52 pm

fizi wrote:
tmahmood wrote:Courier charges depends v much on the weight of your order. I usually get mine delivered by Fedex and would cost btwn usd35-50. Normally takes about 4-5 days. If only the customs people don't kacau, or at least be consistent in their valuation. Sad

tmood/bro zeebee

im using the cheapest courier service by amazon..they charge around 4-8 usd and arrive at my home after 2 - 3 weeks....im buying more then 20 lp's from amazon already and no tax.from the 20 lp's that i bought our KASTAM officer only open once the reason only for them to check the originality... cheers

Original or other illicit stuff Very Happy. Yeah, as mentioned, so far no Kastam kacau via other couriers except from Fedex Embarassed
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 pm

By the Jabatan Kastam Tax schedule, LPs are exempt from tax. So are turntables.

However, it is fully within the norms for Customs to impose a 10% sales tax on the invoice value incl. shipping charges.

10% is not such a big deal and could still work out to be overall cheaper than buying music locally with its quite high markups by the local reps/distributors. Take for example a Nirvana Nevermind reissue LP.
USD25 online, SDG40 @ Adelphi , but from some local music/hifi store or even local online sellers, RM180 !!

If a person can afford to spend RM500 to buy stuff from Amazon.com, whats the extra RM50 for incurred sales tax ? No big deal really.

RM50 these days can't even pay for a decent buffet dinner per pax at a typical Japanese restaurant...
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 am

hi el...

Not too sure if you like this but to me it's soul-full...Smile cheers

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 R-150-2268749-1312829875.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 R-150-638769-1292209867

Was introduced by a fellow kaki a while back, after that session went out and got these two.

Hooked on to these two tracks "Mannish Boy" and "Got My Mojo working".

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 am

Muddy Waters are good too...Contemplating whether to find it on LP or get it on hi-res....hhhmmmm maybe both...Smile

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:30 am

geez man, that's a no brainer decision right?...

The R.E.M. Live at Olympia is so good... great music and great recording... Good thing it came with CDs as well... to spin in the car, the only place I seem to spin CDs these days...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 am

For SQ....easy decision.... but for simplicity and convenience...thats where the contemplation lies.

Now that I got some good tunes on LPs, but cannot listen to them in the car or iPod. Although the NAD phono actually can convert LPs into MP3s....maybe I will do that on Muddy Waters...

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 am

The Folk Singer album is sensational, available on 180g reissue. Got mine from CMY..

JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Maybe dun tok too much praise about it, otherwise barang naik harga for no logical reason! I thought it was just so so! if there's no comparison. But I did compare.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:15 pm

cmboy.... Is there a better pressing of Folk Singer? Are you referring to the original?
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:44 pm

I'll just say again my experience concluded with this was only so-so. Nothing wrong with anyone else owning this and feel it sounds great with own rig and the satisfaction gained.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tmahmood Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 pm

MF, I totally agree with you that the sales tax by kastam is just a small price to pay considering the savings we make by ordering direct from the States. Altho sometimes the tax is not the only issue, as my brother found to his dismay. His order was actually detained by Kementerian Dalam Negeri!!!. He did however order Master of Puppets, ACDC'S Highway to Hell, Sabbath's Heaven and Hell and Slayer 's God Hate Us All... Smile All ended well tho in that episode.
On the Folk Singer front, I have the 1994 UK pressing by Discover Sounds and the 2001 Classic Records 200gm reissue. The Classic was a vast improvement. Am considering the recent Analogue Productions 200gm 45rpm reissue though.
Elhefe, another one I would recommend is Keb Mo's Peace, Back by Popular Demand..

tmahmood
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:32 pm

elhefe wrote:Muddy Waters are good too...Contemplating whether to find it on LP or get it on hi-res....hhhmmmm maybe both...Smile

Hi El...

If you have noticed, there are LP seasons in AMCORP MAll that comes in the form of BLues, Rock, Country, Reggae and so forth.

This time around is the Blues Season .....a sealed record is at a whopping RM###.## and a used LP is at RM###.##. It's an upward trend.

Sometime mid last year a Bob Marley LP was nothing less then RM150.00 and now it's RM80.00 or lower.

I get my LP's off season, meet a certain financial criteria and if its still sold at mind boggling cyclops price then the WEB is the mode.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 am

Depends on the vendor too. There are very few vendors who carry good quality LPs. Some of the more prolific ones sell a huge range, but pricing is all over the place, and quality is unpredictable. To me, a good vendor should be clear in the grading and quality of the vinyl.

In Singapore, one can pick up washed and re-jacketed vinyl for very reasonable prices. New LPs are also on par with online stores.
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tmahmood Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 pm

JediS is right. I once flew down to spore on early am tiger airways ( less than rm150 return)and spend day at adelphi. Flew back same evening. Got some bargains at the basement and new ones too. Would have spent similar or maybe just slightly less at amcorp but am quite pleased with days work. Would be better if go south in a bigger group so can save on taxi fare, not that its overly expensive.

tmahmood
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm

What is the definition of a Jedi Master?

To me...its 3 small blocks of soft wood.

So I had a short but very involving listening session with JediSavant yesterday.... Too short for me because for 1.5 hours, I had learnt a lot from him. But maybe it was too long for him dealing with a TT novice. Hehehehe.

We didnt even bother listening to what NAD PP3 sounds like. Well not really true. The Carpenters singles were on when he arrived about 440 pm. And I was already complaning that I find on certain LPs, the high ends can sound really harsh. I was worried whether its the TT itself. But then I was told that The Carpenters LP might need a good wash.

So first out was the NAD phono stage and came in the Musical Fidelity X-LPS V8 phone stage. I was really eager to listen to a phono stage which I am familiar with the sound signature.

And the first LP went on was Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball album. Hhhhmmm not only her voice was sweet and the music so emotional, but the phono stage really provide the warmth that I long for from my TT. The bass from this LP was just right but sounded a bit dispersed....and Jedi did a quick experiment by putting his LP bag against the wall behind my left speaker. And voila..the bass then was taut and controlled. I LIKE.

Unfortunately, my throne can only accommodate one person so we took turn to sit and listen to various music...(sorry bro that)

Now the 45 RPM LP...I am still trying to figure out why it does not sound like everyone been saying that its audiophile quality. The Metallica album Ride The Lightning and he agrees that it sounded flat...but we do not knw why.

Up next was GNR Spaghetti Incident back on 33..with Since I Dont Have You..it sounded much fuller compared to the 45.

After that it was Led Zep....and we got Leded hahahaha....now thats one album that needed to be heard on an LP...

Now...in the middle of the session, he suggested to tryout this 3 soft wooden blocks, made from crates. Got it out of his car and put it under...and my my my... The sound changed. I suddenly remembered Jo Ki's CAS session on different platform material...I guess analogue benefits from good proper isolation as well. And thats where I got the definition of a Jedi Master.

The session came to an end at 615 pm. But before that we were also discussing a few things in room treatment. Which I may just try it out during my upcoming 1 month vacation.

We also quite agree that the Clearaudio MC cartridge does sound a bit on the bright side. The MF VLPS V8 did injected warmth in it.

The TT however does need more running in....so hopefully to do more listening during the vacation.

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 6226029860_333b61a3a4_z

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 am

cmboy wrote:
WongKN wrote:Old is gold, not many turntables can take on the Goldmund Studo or the Oracle Delphi here.

Cannot always impress on people like dat lah! People or any prospective TT rig shopper will have different taste, preference and some budget in mind. You know so well every make have its own character and presentation in its own right and how it may synergize with one's existing amplification.

actually as we go higher and higher end, equipment sound tends to congregate to a common point that of live sound.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 am

WongKN wrote:

cmboy wrote:
WongKN wrote:Old is gold, not many turntables can take on the Goldmund Studo or the Oracle Delphi here.

Cannot always impress on people like dat lah! People or any prospective TT rig shopper will have different taste, preference and some budget in mind. You know so well every make have its own character and presentation in its own right and how it may synergize with one's existing amplification.

actually as we go higher and higher end, equipment sound tends to congregate to a common point that of live sound.

Dei WongKN,

Cannot sleep ka? Posting at 4 am????

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:44 am

WongKN wrote:
cmboy wrote:

Define "live sound" ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 am

cherry cherry cherry

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 am

I think its towards "a live performance", usually with amplification equipment used in the performance.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:13 pm

So we should use pro-sound reinforcement speakers and amplification, brands such as Meyer, Naxos, JBL Pro, Wharfedale Pro etc etc etc!!!
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:54 pm

BMB my favourite !!!
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 pm

JediSavant wrote:So we should use pro-sound reinforcement speakers and amplification, brands such as Meyer, Naxos, JBL Pro, Wharfedale Pro etc etc etc!!!

Free world man! you can if you insist, not that those can't rigged up to serve your purpose anyhow.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:47 am

I wrote 'live music' which includes but is not limited to live performance. Actually a more appropriate term might be live 'sound' or perhaps REAL sound. Real, live sound has characteristics most of us -inherently- knows so when we hear it we know it is right. And the top equipments all strives to achieve this standard. We can spend days, weeks, even months if we want to perfectly identify all the components which makes a sound 'lifelike' and 'real' so when asked, I always just leave it at that - a sound that we instinctively know sounds realistic, it is just mental masturbation to debate about -exactly- what characrerizes a real sound. The Goldmund Studio and Oracle Delphi goes a long way towards the ideal of real and lifelike sound. Two choices I can honestly recommend. Of course they are not the only two.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 am

WongKN, u are nearly 2 hrs late than yesterday's posting hehehe....

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:35 am

Live Sound = Choir singing Christmas Carols inside a room, full of echo.

A group of novices not famous Band singing outside a Sea Port..Very Live sound... no electric, all mechanical!

A group of veteran singing in the coffee house in a Malacca Hotel, no mic,no amplication.. full of Aura.

Anyway, elhefe; have you manage to get ur TT to beat your digital now?

[img]http://www.hifi4sale.net/.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Liveso10[/img]

[img]http://www.hifi4sale.net/.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Liveso11[/img]

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 am

On the pro-sound front... I helped a friend set up a vinyl DJ station once, all hooked up to an ECHO sound system in a cavernous room... we thought the afro-beats being pumped out sounded pretty REAL... almost went looking for shotguns in case lions showed up...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 am

adrian4454 wrote:Anyway, elhefe; have you manage to get ur TT to beat your digital now?

And yet another fruitful past couple of days....

Was at Rock Corner The Curve on Tuesday.....and my my my...

Good stock of LPs.

Got meself the following:

1. Colplay - Viva La Vida

2. Pearl Jam - Backspacer

3. Andrea Bocelli - Best Of

4. Green Day - Nimrod

5. Diana Krall - A quiet night

All below RM 100 after discount except Andrea..

aannndd via ebay..2 P. Ramlee LPs at RM100

So...verdict..I do find that buying brand new LPs...gives me less headache as the quality of them is rather good...no cracks and pops...compared to buying second hand where you run the risk of bad case of cracks and pops...eventhough the surface conditions of the LPs looks OK to my eyes....

Now...comparing digital files with LP. I only have the following to compare:

1. Eagles hotel california album: LP VS 24/192 hi rez

Winner: LP

2. Andrea Bocelli: LP vs CD

3. P. Ramlee: LP vs CD

Winner: Tie...hehehe because the CD was also riped from LP...both got crack and pops

4. Santana: LP vs CD

5. Metallica Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets 45 RPM: LP vs CD

Winner: CD

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:20 am

elhefe: I hope you realise that very shortly along this path, you'll be wanting to trade in your Concept TT for a Performance or something like that! Twisted Evil

Once bitten, resistance is futile and pointless ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:35 am

bassraptor wrote:elhefe: I hope you realise that very shortly along this path, you'll be wanting to trade in your Concept TT for a Performance or something like that! Twisted Evil

Once bitten, resistance is futile and pointless ...

Choose to ignore:......Rolling Eyes ........ lol! .....not until I get me phono stage upgraded...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 am

Uh uh... elhefe is now stalking all the Rock Corner stores in town...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:02 pm

elhefe wrote:

5. Metallica Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets 45 RPM: LP vs CD

Winner: CD

Funnily, the Metallica LPs seems to have been messed up during the LP disc mastering process.... the highs are too muted.

If you have a Multi-curve Phono , can try playing these modern re-issue Metallica LPs on the Decca-London curve ... The highs will open up nicely .
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Dude, they sounded really bad....I mean bad.... Thin, reedy, clicky and without any substance or body whatsoever, as if someone threw a piece of cloth over the record.....
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 pm

what Phono stage r u using at the moment ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Elhefe's got a NAD thingy....

We tried it with the MF V-LPS V8 and it was....... Still baaaaaddd.....
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Actually, for nice budget Phonostage thats fairly versatile.... came across these recently.

1. Pro-Ject Phonobox SE II. (Forgot what Tong Lee was selling it for). But maybe around RM1K or less.

2. Clearaudio Nano Phono. RM 1K thereabouts.

Might just go pick up one for to have a run-around with ...
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:56 am

fizi wrote:
tmahmood wrote:Elhefe,
What Phono stage do you have in mind? Btw, despite the gap in years, we seem to have same interest in the music we listen to, Metalicca, Nirvana, GnR etc. Try get your hands on the 25th Anniversary reissue of Nirvana's Bleach in white vinyl. The opening Blow, will really blow you away.

Waiting for 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition delivery from US - Ipoh Twisted Evil

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Nirvan10

Fizi,

Have you received this masterpiece? I decided to just go for the 2009 released of Nevermind and In Utero. Nevermind came in a Blue LP and In Utero came in Yellow LP. A collective definitely.

Fired up Nevermind this morning and it sounded even better then the hi res I downloaded from HDTRacks. Woke the neighbours up as I had to play the drums on Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:33 am

elhefe wrote:
fizi wrote:
tmahmood wrote:Elhefe,
What Phono stage do you have in mind? Btw, despite the gap in years, we seem to have same interest in the music we listen to, Metalicca, Nirvana, GnR etc. Try get your hands on the 25th Anniversary reissue of Nirvana's Bleach in white vinyl. The opening Blow, will really blow you away.

Waiting for 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition delivery from US - Ipoh Twisted Evil

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 4 Nirvan10

Fizi,

Have you received this masterpiece? I decided to just go for the 2009 released of Nevermind and In Utero. Nevermind came in a Blue LP and In Utero came in Yellow LP. A collective definitely.

Fired up Nevermind this morning and it sounded even better then the hi res I downloaded from HDTRacks. Woke the neighbours up as I had to play the drums on Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are.

el,

Yes i received 2 weeks a go...wait 4 nearly a month to received due booking via amazon before official released date..Total of Rm216 for it..Quality wise is good nicely done really collector item edition (will update inner sleeve photo) (180g x 4 pcs nearly 1 kg packaging)

Sound quality is good...this edition more towards collector edition..few unreleased track and few version from studio,BBC and live performance recording.

If got a chance maybe we can try to compare this 2 version when my trip to KL Very Happy

p/s - i also have unplugged in new york 180g LP Twisted Evil
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 am

By all means fizi...come come n compare. When r u coming?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next