Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

+17
mad.onenad
tmahmood
sflam
zul
wylee
bassraptor
wingman
car o scope
dnabira
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
fizi
tycham
JediSavant
cmboy
mugenfoo
WongKN
elhefe
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 5 Empty Re: .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by fizi Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 am

elhefe wrote:By all means fizi...come come n compare. When r u coming?

will update when i got a chance cheers
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 5 Empty Re: .....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable

Post by elhefe Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 am

A fruitful 2 days of LP hunting:

Yesterday was in CMY OU to purchase a power cable to upgrade the MF ViNL cable. Came out with one plus the following LPs:

1. Nirvana - Nevermind (2009 reissue, 180 gram and the LP is blue in colour)

2. Nirvana - In Utero (2009 reissue, 180 gram and the LP is yellow in colour)

3. Bruce Springsteen - Born in The USA

4. Elvis Presley - some compilation with Japanese wordings hehehe

And today was in Rock Corner The Gardens.....my my my good collection. Got meself:

1. Coldplay new album: Mylo Xyloto

2.Metallica: And Justice for All...original 1988 issue. NOT 45 RPM.

3. Nirvana: Bleach...original 1989 issue

4. Weezer: Raditude

5. The Darkness: One Way Ticket to Hell

6. Stan Getz & The OScar Peterson Trio - 180 gram limited edition

The Rock Corner in Gardens also have lots of Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Ella Fitz, Ray Charles etc.

So far, have spunned Nevermind and In Utero....no turning back from LP. Solid grunge sounding from my beloved band.

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 5 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:21 am

hey, one unit of Frankie Pipit just went up for sale ! anyone keen to give it a go ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:31 am

Thats the older model right? Not the one that was just reviewed in The Star?

.....And Then There Was Light....the Clearaudio Concept turntable - Page 5 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 am

elhefe wrote:Thats the older model right? Not the one that was just reviewed in The Star?

yup..same as mine...the new replacement model is 22L (Rm1.8k+-) Very Happy

Last edited by fizi on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:07 am

Wah elhefe, you seem to have a bottomless wallet la. Good for you ! Very Happy
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:46 am

WongKN wrote:Wah elhefe, you seem to have a bottomless wallet la. Good for you ! Very Happy

The other direction actually. The sky is the limit on the credit card limit hehehe.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 am

fizi wrote:

Bro,

Your Pipit allow variable cartridge loading? Wonder how the 22L compares with the Aimee phono amp .. very favorable review by SJ... itchin Very Happy
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 pm

ZB,
If itchy, scratch.
If scratching doesn't work, buy.

lol!
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:15 pm

WongKN wrote:ZB,
If itchy, scratch.
If scratching doesn't work, buy.

lol!

Oledi on the phone with Frank Very Happy just now and c-ing him Sunday to audition only.. may drag the Aimee just to compare Laughing

Speaking of scratching... occasionally when playing vinyl, I get this 'scratching' or 'serration' sound, not quite clicks/pops or from scratched surface.. only happened on some vinyls, noticed on my new George Benson 'Guitar Man' and last night baru bukak LP Eagles greatest hits vinyls... Is it becoz of the setting up issue (cart/tone arm) or the vinyl production itself.. Gurus/Sifus... help here Question

Last edited by zeebee on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More question)
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:38 pm

zeebee wrote:
fizi wrote:

Bro,

Your Pipit allow variable cartridge loading? Wonder how the 22L compares with the Aimee phono amp .. very favorable review by SJ... itchin Very Happy

Bro ZB,

Mine old model (pipit 2) same as model on sale by maxx audio....yes allow user to try multiple choice of sound....22L is the replacement model of pipit 2 that much more latest features...seem already wanna meet Mr Frankie let ur ears define it Very Happy

p/s - my pipit 2 also in sleeping mood due using internal quad phono stage...
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 pm

If you're playing mostly with MC cartridge, MC Step up transformer is a very logical and quite beneficial upgrade. I still haven't got over with the amazement this thingy can offer. Its now rendered my hi-end MC electronic phono as redundant and obsolete.

I'm working on the possiblility of hand building these and selling them in small numbers in due time. No denying, I'm doing it purely for some side income and passion. I may start a thread on this to generate interest. If there's sufficient interest I will proceed, otherwise no go. I only have my proto type at this time. I'm guessing it won't cost more than an arm or leg and a lot less than those NOS or used established brands and models from Denon, Ortofon and many others asking for silly money.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by david&david Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Its now rendered my hi-end MC electronic phono as redundant and obsolete.
hey cmboy, what hi end MC phono do you have?

david&david
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 pm

david&david wrote:
Its now rendered my hi-end MC electronic phono as redundant and obsolete.
hey cmboy, what hi end MC phono do you have?

Guessed as much this will be asked. Sorry no names will be revealed as some may think I'm running the brand down. Just trust me its somewhere 5 figure region, local and if new price.

Again, I just re-iterate its just the MC stage thats now supeceded with something hugely more refined and musical.

Herr Kitler with a handsomer looking moustache!Razz
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5