Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Sansui Restoration Service provider.

+2
rasenthiran
6 posters

Go down

Sansui Restoration Service provider. Empty Sansui Restoration Service provider.

Post by 1541 Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Restorations for Sansui 07 series aka AU-117/217/317/417/517/717.
I know one great skilled freind who are skilled enough to repair/restore on above mentioned models to FULL health.
Kindly Pm me if you need any kind of restoration work to be carried out to your loved Sansui.

Oh Sansui forever man..... Twisted Evil
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Character sheet
Source(s): 1541`s品种狂机
Amplification: Nac42/Nap90
Speakers: SARA

Back to top Go down

Sansui Restoration Service provider. Empty Re: Sansui Restoration Service provider.

Post by rasenthiran Fri May 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Location of the technician?
rasenthiran
rasenthiran
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2572
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Parasound Zdac/Marantz Cd 63 KI/Sony X505ES/
Amplification: Exposure Super 10/Classe DR-6/Sony TA N90ES/Sansui AU 777 /AU-719/Yamaha RXV-863 Receiver
Speakers: NHT Classic/Monitor Audio Studio 2/Heybrook HB 1

Back to top Go down

Sansui Restoration Service provider. Empty Re: Sansui Restoration Service provider.

Post by 1541 Fri May 03, 2013 6:16 pm

rasenthiran wrote:Location of the technician?

for your info,he is my best freind.I trust his work therefore i can recomend to all of you.
Do you know your AU-719 got plenty of deadly glue around the caps, dont taken it lightly,overtime it will cause corrosion defects,will corrode /etched off the tracks.It is needed an urgent attention.All Sansui unit has such silly glue inside,dont believe open the cover to see yourself!

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CH Liew Sat May 04, 2013 1:15 am

Support!

CH Liew
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Sansui Restoration Service provider. Empty Re : Sansui Restoration Service

Post by antaklugom Sat May 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Ras did his full Recap in PJ already......I know of this service offered (PJ)
but the waiting List is very long......You will finally get your Amp Recapped after
say Three weeks or months.....Mr 1541, why dont you import Audio Grade
Capacitor like Elna Silmic II, Panasonic, Nichicon, Black Gates etc.....for members
here ?
These Original Capacitor are hard to get here locally. My friend in Singapore
said there is a shop in SIM LIM Square (or near Sim Lim Square) selling these Caps.
And I know the services you mentioned is in Singapore (echoloft Advertisement)
But it is troublesome and expensive to bring our Amp there, let alone Posting
it through Courier......unless Foolproof Packing with tons of Bubble Wrap !!! (think of
the Freight cost...)
I am based in Kuching, Sarawak here. I did simple Recap myself but will only send the Amp to my Friend's House (Electronic Engineer) to Calibrate and set the Bias setting to Original Specs as he has all the sophiscated equipment. Not only
Amps but CD player and Pre amplifier Capacitors also needs to be replaced when the
age of the Gadget is already over 20 to 30 years old !!!. This applies to ALL Transistor based HIFI Gadgets that use Capacitor
including Tube Amps as well.

Last edited by antaklugom on Tue May 07, 2013 9:24 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting word through mail/ courier)
antaklugom
antaklugom
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1540 Sat May 04, 2013 5:05 pm

No problem, Sansui Guys

Do contact me if happen to have a chance to come down Spore, i do the explaination/highlight to pinpoint on certain various aspect tat nd to be correct.
Just a rough guide
The deadly glue nd to be clear is a must, this can be remove by acetone/thinner from hardware store. The silkscreen printing pcb will be ok wif the solvent provided u clean off residue aft service. Denatural alcohol work well too but it will leave a whitetish residue though.

I using Pana FC of low esr grade caps for the pwr supply n driver board. They consist of very low ripple offset suitable for these usage.
Pre stages consist of low signal path caps in which i uses audio grade caps to substitute.

Transistors pinout hav Base/Collector/Emitter, do nt gt this mix up n every extract wld be measure though my trusty Fluke dmm. 2sa992/2sc1845 wld be a modern substitute for those noisy 2sa726/750/sc1400.

Multi-turn trimmer wld be apply into this application as well cos they wont be so touchy as the original mechanical type tat already oxides it contacts.

Onsemi MJ 21193/21194 TO-3 transistors will act as a matchup against the original Sanken 2sa747/sc1116 if there a need. Several unit of the AU-717 r missing these gems internal but rest assured tat the Onsemi hav a wider freq spectrum tat wont lose out the Sanken. It very open sounding type i must confess.

However my local mkt r lacking very much of these Sansui units thus it influence is on the decline mode. More ppl these days hav move on to mp3 as they r much more handy/lighter in a sense. Myself share almost the same passion wif the Sansui fanatics. Let the fire continue to burn on, aft all at the end of the day it is still the preferred sounding to the individual.

Cheers

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by whois101 Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Great news for Sansui lovers sunny
whois101
whois101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-02-10

Character sheet
Source(s): Synology
Amplification: Atom
Speakers: Danes don't lie

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Thu May 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Low ESR Caps- Panasoic FC for powersupply board.
Elna Silmic & Nichicon Audio fine Gold on Signal board.

Thank You for your time & support.
We takecare your Sansui like talking care of ourself,we discard the worthless OLD Caps,refreshing them with newer breed.
Lastly the gigantic soul maker- NICHICON KG Gold 15000uF x 4, add- RM455.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rasenthiran Thu May 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Wow,those 4 big caps are very* expensive. I am still having those Nippon Chemicon orginal Caps since the value measured in esr meter is good.
rasenthiran
rasenthiran
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Amplification: Exposure Super 10/Classe DR-6/Sony TA N90ES/Sansui AU 777 /AU-719/Yamaha RXV-863 Receiver

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Thu May 09, 2013 4:12 pm

rasenthiran wrote:Wow,those 4 big caps are very* expensive. I am still having those Nippon Chemicon orginal Caps since the value measured in esr meter is good.

These Gigantic Cap are from the best league of Nichicon [strong recomm @ AK site]. Audiophile series. likewise Kendeil-Naim use.
All Caps do aging overtime, for your info even a 30years old 1000uF cap can show low ESR on meter. Pls dont confuse yourself with ESR reading.

Capacitor stores electron,like a DC rechargeable batteries.Overtime the chemical inside will deteriote and does not hold the charge as good as new.It does matter to the final sound as these Prematured caps result in -dull,lifeless,lost of detail & poor transparency.

Imagine a rechargeble battery which claimed could last 500x charging cycles under normal use, due to unknown chemical reaction vs lifespan,have you ever notice them getting so much weaker not even reaching 100x of charging?

Golden rule for when to recap[ Every 10year as recommended by Naim].
The Best Sansui series circa 1975 [ Au-?17], 2nd best cost-cutting series circa 1977 [Au-?19] most of them have past 38 year mark.Some have leaked[worse case].

We have replaced those original aged Chemicon Caps on a Sansui AU-717[with NICHICON KG Gold ], No RETURN ever since! We have another Original Au-717,we compared them side by side,wwWWWWow its like a DAY & Night different.

for your Info, AK site their tech charging @ USD$500 for a full restoration service,Still many are willing to book and taking long queue number.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1540 Thu May 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Yes it quite true, Gentlemen, let me explain

Okie this pilosophy is derived from a torchlight battery. I guess everbody understand how a torchlight works. Inserting battery into it n it will shine, of cos as it ages the battery will tends to weaken it charge over the period of usage.

So wat do u do wen yr torchlight is losing it shine? It clearly stated tat yr battery has low charge onto it already thus unable to provide the strong DC voltage to yr bulb as compare to new battery u bought over a couple of weeks ago.

Direct answer - Discard the old battery n put in new battery for it to have a stronger better shine. So this theory applies on the amplifier caps as well. Caps of over 30 yrs of service definitely deserve a new recaps for it to sound at its originality best. Moreover this caps was intended for amplifier usage so the more attention will have to be focus on this aspect.

Back to top Go down

Post by rasenthiran Fri May 10, 2013 10:04 am

Guys,

Thats a Good and clear Information...,i will get my cap change asap. Thanks for the clarification.
rasenthiran
rasenthiran
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by whois101 Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for those useful explanations.

BTW only support Sansui? What about other brands?
whois101
whois101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-02-10

Character sheet
Source(s): Synology
Amplification: Atom
Speakers: Danes don't lie

Back to top Go down

Post by 1540 Fri May 10, 2013 6:03 pm

whois101 wrote:Thanks for those useful explanations.

BTW only support Sansui? What about other brands?

Sorry bro, i dun fight a war without confidence, the 07series Sansui is my heart n soul. Though these donkey years of usage, i have managed to mastered this diamond differential circuit layout specialized for DC amp. It distoration is extremely low among transistors amplifier. It also equipped wif power protector circuitry to prevent damaging to output transistor when adnormal AC ripple waveform found on aged components thus protecting yr precious speakers.

Hope this clears

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by 1541 Fri May 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Some poweramp output are direct. No speakers protection circuit built into system.
When the worst scenario happen, you will swear to buy SANSUI, your poweramp asylum! What a Face

Character sheet

Back to top Go down