Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300

+35
wingman
arremie
kkthen
htkaki
llsaw
7810sam
royroy
jazzy939
noodle88
jchong
hmmmisthatright
WongKN
bassraptor
joeling
sflam
fizi
cmboy
leofric32
dheensay
auronthas
hoyhoysum
sph
car o scope
chua55
BrAvO
ryder
skydna
tin
mugenfoo
Lamkochai
tycham
azri
bimmerman
yhsam
danieltan
39 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300 - Page 3 Empty Re: Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300

Post by mugenfoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 am

Oh .... and better confirm if that black 400xi is 110V or 240V.

It's a pain to convert Krell equipment, no warranty and all.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300 - Page 3 Empty Re: Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300

Post by car o scope Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 am

Come to think about it... The XLO PRO power cord that is in the For Sale section can be tried leh...
It is just that my equipment cannot change power cord.. aikssss...
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 pm

who said cannot? .... i changed the powercord on my Exposure XX to use exactly that green XLO/PRO power cord Razz
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm

That will require a 'surgery' on the old man Exposure to put in the IEC..
Better let the old man to be as it is.. Dont want to make old man's life to be miserable... Razz

What power cord you are using for your K-power?
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 pm

KAV-300i ... using that purple XLO Reference-2 AC cord.

Apalah lu, my Exposure XX lagi older than yours.
And its very easy to open it . Put the amp on your bed upside down, unscrew 2 screws, slide the casing off. Then do what comes naturally, snip snip, solder solder, screw here n there , and you're done.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:27 am

Oooooooh.... That purple one...

Dont want to do surgery on the old man lor...
Leave it in original condition...
Might retire it after getting its successor.
Or make a 2nd system with it. Very Happy

Oh ya... Now I remember I am using power cord for my CDP.
Haiyoh.. what happen to me lately.. poor memory.. aiksss.. pale
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 pm

you must have been drinking some tab water with dead black ant inside
thats why you re suffering some short term momery lost lol!
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Wow.. how come you know that??
Are you stalking me?? hahahahahaha.. Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 pm

oh my .. thats so gay .... stalking and stuff !

Razz
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:29 am

u know, seriously, those who usually talks about this stuff a lot
are the one who are really into it, they are a bit shy to admit.. so..
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 am

Oh.. The power cord that I am using for my cdp is Kimber Kable.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 am

azri wrote:u know, seriously, those who usually talks about this stuff a lot
are the one who are really into it, they are a bit shy to admit.. so..

Yeah baby Yeah ! Do I make you h0rny baby? (-Austin Powers style)

hahahahahahahahaha Very Happy
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:07 pm

supra lorad is okay at its price level. i have seen some offered here at good prices.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:10 pm

I used to have the Supra LoRad 2.5.
Yes. Same opinion. It is quite worthy.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:47 pm

OK guys, i've ordered my Silclear from ebay. If you're ebay savvy you can order yours here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370246742216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's not listed as Silclear or Mapleshade so it's not easy to find! Shipping is FREE and it costs less then RM150.

Cheers!
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 pm

At USD 39.50 it is a bargain. Here it's retailed at SGD69.00. But I do'nt trust the USPS. Recently got a package lost in transit from the US using USPS.

Finally decided to pay a little bit more and used FedEx for the replacement order.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Talking about Silclear, I believe tin still owe us a lesson on floating earth.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 am

tycham wrote:At USD 39.50 it is a bargain. Here it's retailed at SGD69.00. But I do'nt trust the USPS. Recently got a package lost in transit from the US using USPS.

Finally decided to pay a little bit more and used FedEx for the replacement order.

If using Paypal any lost packages are protected under the Paypal protection scheme so it doesn't matter too much. In the case of lost packages, it depends on the type of USPS service that the shipper uses. Usually for purchases via ebay from the US, sellers will use the cheapest shipping method so there is a small risk of lost packages even with USPS. There are possibilities the seller may not ship out the package or our local postman has kept the package for himself. With USPS Priority+tracking, packages won't get lost as any undeliverable packages are sent back to the US addresses. In most cases shipments with USPS Priority c/w tracking will reach their destinations but it comes at a slightly higher cost which is worth it for items that cost slightly more.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 pm

ryder wrote:
If using Paypal any lost packages are protected under the Paypal protection scheme so it doesn't matter too much. In the case of lost packages, it depends on the type of USPS service that the shipper uses. Usually for purchases via ebay from the US, sellers will use the cheapest shipping method so there is a small risk of lost packages even with USPS. There are possibilities the seller may not ship out the package or our local postman has kept the package for himself. With USPS Priority+tracking, packages won't get lost as any undeliverable packages are sent back to the US addresses. In most cases shipments with USPS Priority c/w tracking will reach their destinations but it comes at a slightly higher cost which is worth it for items that cost slightly more.

I don't think Paypal protect against lost packages. Have to insure with the shipper for lost or damaged items. But after 45 days when you still did not receive your goods, can filed a dispute at the resolution centre after which you can escalate that to a claim.

My shipment came with tracking but after 4 weeks still get the same status, so the e-commerce store decided to create a new order for me while they check with USPS on the lost package.

Anyway, FedEx had just delivered my package so no issue here.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Going through the Paypal's resolution centre and escalating to a claim implies that the packages are protected under Paypal protection scheme in getting a full refund. In all my previous claims for lost packages with Paypal I have received full refunds. Hence I am surprised in your claim that Paypal does not protect against lost packages.

All my shipments with USPS Priority+tracking have reached my doorstep without any problem except for one package whereby the seller wrote the wrong address on the package. The package was subsequently delivered back to the poster's address back in the US. I find the USPS tracking system to be very efficient in comparison to the slow Canadian post tracking as the system updates are very precise and up-to-date.

Anyway the most important is Fedex has delivered your package in one piece.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 pm

In over 100 transactions I never had any problems except for one Australian ebay seller. I filed a dispute with paypal and got a full refund including shipping fees.

Get the Silclear from Sandyphoto. I've ordered thousands of $$$ worth of valves from them in the past and everything took less than 21 days to arrive. They ship within 24 hours and always answer your questions promptly. They have also managed to maintain 100% positive feedback even after thusands of transactions. Buy with confidence!
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:21 pm

ebay is own by Paypal so it is easier to get a refund. Anyway it would not be fair to file a dispute when the seller offered a new shipment.

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyway, don't think I would need Silclear. I am using Kontak to clean my connection.

If everyone like you who only buy from oversea, local dealers would go bust! Laughing
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:16 pm

tycham wrote:ebay is own by Paypal so it is easier to get a refund. Anyway it would not be fair to file a dispute when the seller offered a new shipment.

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyway, don't think I would need Silclear. I am using Kontak to clean my connection.

If everyone like you who only buy from oversea, local dealers would go bust! Laughing

Are you replying to me tycham? If you're replying to my, why are you implying that I only buy from overseas? Don't you not know that there are stuff you cannot find locally? Who is filing disputes and who offered a new shipment? Did you make that up?

What's up mister???
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:41 pm

bimmerman wrote:
tycham wrote:ebay is own by Paypal so it is easier to get a refund. Anyway it would not be fair to file a dispute when the seller offered a new shipment.

Are you replying to me tycham? If you're replying to my, why are you implying that I only buy from overseas? Don't you not know that there are stuff you cannot find locally? Who is filing disputes and who offered a new shipment? Did you make that up?

What's up mister???

Yes, it more direct than implied becasue you said you bought thousand $$$ form oversea. More so in M'sia there are myriad of stuffs you can't get, save for excellent durians. My dealer offered a new shipment four weeks after the items I bought was not delivered so I din't file a dispute with paypal.

I believe the sterling pound is on the up.

Do post feedback on the Silclear performance when it arrive.

cheers
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 pm

I hope you hear better than you read mister Shocked You're too young for trifocals unless it's the Kimber variety.

I said I bought thousands of $$$ worth of valves. The keyword here is VALVES mister. I bought rare vintage valves. I had to keep those old Cary monoblocks singing. Find me a local seller with rare vintage valves and i'll gladly buy local. Why the hassle of ordering and waiting and bated breath and sleepless nights??? But no choice ma. Locally cannot get. Korrek or not?

Yup, will give a personal account of Silclear when it arrives. Can count on that.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by chua55 Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 am

ever since I use the single crystal copper cable, PCOCC, I have not turned back.

Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300 - Page 3 P1050671

chua55
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 am

This blue powercord is about 3-4x thicker than mine. Shocked aiyoyo...
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 am

chua55 wrote:ever since I use the single crystal copper cable, PCOCC, I have not turned back.

China Made? Brand is CHOSGAL? Got warranty card and manual somemore! Question
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by chua55 Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:55 pm

yeah it is Choseal. if u know robert lee, he is now in zen acoustics. other manufac of pcocc / single crystal inc oyaide, harmonix, etc but their price way above this range.

What I found in this cable is better resolution and accuracy as compared to its price range. A friend broght over a RM 5000 Telos and did a comparisons. The difference is Telos is more neutral and transparent but at the price of 10 times cheaper, I would rather stay with this.

chua55
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:28 pm

Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300 - Page 3 Cfa9_1

Seriously they do produce decent cables like the HDMI shown above at bargain prices.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Chua, it would be interesting if a comparison can be made between your Choseal and the Furutech 3TS20. The Furutech website states that it's also PCOCC and treated with the α(Alpha) process. Price is also more than 10 times cheaper than the Telos.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:16 am

How come no one mentioned about power regenerators or UPS or waveform correctors like PS Audio Power plant, Purepower, Exactpower ?
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 am

Krell instruction manual specifically states that using AC power regenerators are a big NO-NO especially for Krell Power amps.

I would expect similar warnings from other makers of high end & high power amps.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:42 am

mugenfoo wrote:Krell instruction manual specifically states that using AC power regenerators are a big NO-NO especially for Krell Power amps.

I would expect similar warnings from other makers of high end & high power amps.

Yes, Krell is very fussy about these things. I think most amp makers will say plug in direct to wall socket and use the standard power cord supplied.

However, over the past year, I've been having big voltage swings in my area, from 265V during the day to 215V at night. I used the Avia balanced trans for a while (but a bit too much hassle as you have to keep adjusting values depending on input voltage). Tried a new PS Audio Power Plant Premier (it wasn't even in the hi-fi system but the AV set up) and it blew a few times.

I finally settled on a PurePower 1050i, output set at 230V. My solid-state power amp is plugged into it, along with the preamp and CD player. Also recently plugged my all-tube power amp into it, which naturally drew a bigger load, but well within the PurePower's capabilities.

In both cases, the sonic performance was improved in various areas with all playing equipment plugged into the PurePower - we did a back-to-back comparison between this and the Avia a few times. The Avia remains disconnected these days!

It's been more than six months since I started using the PurePower, with no adverse effecs absolutely.

Then again, these are only my experiences. Laughing

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chua55 Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:39 am

the advantage of Krell evolution series has the advantage that the interconnect is no longer a exotic requirement. instead being current transmission medium, one can use 'normal' cable for signal transmission. If your gear is not Evolution series/current mode, then you need the exotic interconnect. The disadvantage of Evolution would probably less choice for one to 'tune' the sound according to the gears, and hence has to use the full Krell setup for that.

chua55
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:52 am

@bassraptor, r u using any power line conditioner stuff on your McIntosh ? Can tahan the power consumption ?

another dear fellow hifi4sale moderator (think u can guess who already) actually had to use one of those "power block doohickeys" otherwise his Monoblocks keep tripping when the spouse uses the hair dryer or mebbe when the home fridge compressor kicks in due to the home's aged electrical wirings and generally poor supply from TNB.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:56 am

mugenfoo, my McIntosh power amp, as with the rest of the equipment, is plugged into the PurePower, which in turn is plugged into a dedicated 32A circuit. So, no issue with tripping. No conditioners so far, although I'm messing around with an Audio Magic Mini Stealth.

BTW, the load on the Purepower is minimal with the McIntosh plugged in ... with a tube power amp, it goes up to around 50% ... still very safe.

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't use any power regenerator devices. Well mostly because I can't afford it. So it's straight from the wall receptacle to power distributor.

I do however hava a parallel filtering device, basically a capacitor that is plugged into an AC receptacle on my power distributor and works in parallel. By working in papallel it does not feed power to another component and again in parallel means it does not impede on my amplifiers current draw. Instead it helps to maintain a picture perfect A/C wave by reducing EMI and RFI in my household power lines.

Power cord recommendations: RM150 - RM300 - Page 3 Enacom10

It's cheap, it works and it's conceptually Krell compatible.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Disclaimer: The picture perfect before/after comparison above was not generated by my own test lab. The manufacturer provided the picture. I'm not suggesting a low cost parallel device can recreate a perfect A/C wave better than an expensive power regenerator and this picture should not be taken as evidence that it works miracles. What I can say is that my system sounds harsh without it and it works for me. As always, your mileage may vary.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:36 pm

always take manufacturer graphs with a BIG BIG bag of salt. Smile
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:29 am

My gripe with most power regenerators is that they have a fan. My old PS300 has a fan but I removed it. The purepower 2000 has fan(s) that is audible but just.

In addition, some of these things are prone to failure. 50% failure rated of the old PS300. Ironically, it's the one bought new that gives the most problem. The second hand unit performing flawlessly so far. The exactpower got taken out by lightning. So much for surge protection. The purepower looks promising though.

In the end, I feel they work so have to persist with them still.

Regards,
Joe Ling
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:48 am

If the Exactpower got burnt by lightning, but did it protect the precious hifi equipment behind it ? If it did, then it performed a good job by sacrificing itself instead of passing the lightning spike into the system.

Maybe the PS300 failed becoz u removed the fan so it overheated itself to death? Wink
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:32 am

mugen, you're one sharp dude. Very Happy
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 am

hahahahaha
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:52 pm

So much more expensive to play the Hi Fi during lightning... Razz
If lightning strikes my gears, I think I will not have the appetite to eat and unable to sleep for many many days.
Blood and sweat money gone.. No
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 am

Silclear arrived 3 days ago.

Tried it on my power plugs and female IEC socket first. Yes, huge improvement! Better transparency, detail and speed is immediately realised. After a few hours, more so. Bass boominess almost all gone despite my speakers being rather close to the rear wall.

Next, valve pins. Wowzers!!! Fine treble details i've never heard before. I can now place and separate different musical instruments in their own space and time. Vocal performances seem to gain emotion and expression.

Next, RCA connectors and banana plugs. Did not percieve any big changes in sound but then again i'm already using Kimber KCAG so perhaps my interconnects were never the weak link.

Well, that's it folks. Silclear works as advertised. My thanks to forum member Tin for sharing the secret. I now don't feel the immediate need to upgrade my CD player to a Wadia or swap my KAV-300i for a proper Krell.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:52 am

What r u talking about ??? . the KAV-300i IS a proper Krell !!
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:55 am

Hahahahaha! Yeah Mugen, glad you think so. I was kinda itching for a 300iL but now no need already lah.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:58 am

Why last time you itched for the change?
What's the difference between KAV-300i and 300iL?
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Well the 300i is a little rough and the 400iX is a little sedated. The 300iL is Mr. In-between with the best of both.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next