Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

What POP music are you listening to right now ?

+2
zeebee
WongKN
6 posters

Go down

What POP music are you listening to right now ? Empty What POP music are you listening to right now ?

Post by WongKN Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Anything non-classical, non-jazz, and non-blues, including chinese music.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

What POP music are you listening to right now ? Empty Re: What POP music are you listening to right now ?

Post by zeebee Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:36 pm

In heavy spinning the silver discs from David Foster n Friends Very Happy n Juna, local artist par excellence; this is one Gifted singer/songwriter.. and some of the tracks worthy 'Audiophile' stuff..
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

What POP music are you listening to right now ? Empty Re: What POP music are you listening to right now ?

Post by CT-Boy Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Randy Crawford - Secret Combination album(vinyl).
CT-Boy
CT-Boy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Pioneer PL-518X
Amplification: D'Bomb
Speakers: Monitor Audio RA252

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 pm

My 45rpms of Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys arrived. Sounds great. With an open mind to just enjoy the music, even Wannabe rocks quite well indeed ! Very Happy
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 pm

HK Cantonese songs. Jacky Cheung. Never Old Legend LP. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 pm

The best music but shitty sound (unfortunately), ORIGINAL cuts of the legendary songs by the legendary chinese super-singers on CD. Not many might know though. Think : San Nian (3 years) not by Tsai Chin but Lee Hsian Lan, "If I don't have you" (Nu Kuo Mei You Ni) by Bai Quan, all the best songs but early 20th century recordings. 10CDs for RM59.90 at the CD Rama music fair (I know, sounds as if I am promoting the fair ! Laughing But I just want to let forumers know of great music at good prices). If you buy today, for 1-Card members, its on offer at RM46.90. 7 CDs packed full. Great value !
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Mr. Wong, I had an very old single from Lee Hsian Lan by Pathe recording.
(Given by my in-law)Mine, telling you, it blow my mind off when I play it. It's like you are back in the 60's(or 50's). I don't know how those guy do it during that time.
You mention about pack of 10cd's and 7cd's. What's the different? Which are better sound quality. I'm chinese only by race not language.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:07 am

Hi 7810sam,

I am sorry I made a mistake. It is a box of 7 CDs, each one between 22-24 songs, all original chinese (mandarin) oldies sung by their original singers (including Lee Hsian Lan. You are a damn lucky guy ! You should subtly check with your in-law to see if they have any more to give to you. Like Yao Lee, Khoo Mei, etc).

The CD-RAMA fair is over now (last weekend) but the CD collection should still be available at CD-RAMA itself though at normal price. Even at normal price, I feel is worthwhile buying. For e.g. CD1 starts with Yeh Shang Hai, then Nu Kuo Mei You Ni, then San Nian, and so forth. The sound qualities are quite acceptable, they seemed to have cleaned it up a bit. Won't be able to match that Pathe though (my friends calls it 'Kai Kun Maat' because of the use of a chicken as the logo Very Happy).
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:19 am

Thank you Mr. Wong. He already gave me all his collections. Not many. Have not look tru. Have to clean it first.
Listening to Lily Chen collection cantonese song Unforgetable Melody. Got it from my brother in law from HK.
She is dam good. Her voice is flawless.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am

Wow, you are one lucky guy !!

Here is the image of the cover of that CD collection. Just in case you want to go look for it.

What POP music are you listening to right now ? Cd
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Thank You for the image. Will definitely look for it. Am I getting old or what?
Seem to love all this old chinese song.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 pm

They say music lovers dun care how old or where the music comes from. Never be embarassed of yr music taste.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:37 pm

FOSTER the peeps.(people)!!!

Such wonderful happy happy brainless no-thinking-required music. 'Tis wonderful to find a whole album of easy great rhythm pop ditties.

My vote for happy music of the year.

Can't get up and dance... headphone cable not long enough. Oh what a shame! Can't wait for new home to be ready so maggies can get my maggies up and running again.

Bal

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:10 pm

You talking about David Foster right ? Did you attend his recent concert here in Malaysia ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down