Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

What are you listening to right now?

+92
noodle88
Naim-ThoR
whois101
jacktp
mrquery
cyrus2
kamfei0512
beat
Hard Graft Records
puchongvinyl
acai
7810sam
Wikin
Apole
unig
secularism
david&david
James
cyh
thomasdevendran
dnabira
Forever Delayed
Mikapoh
tmahmood
JediSavant
dylan
kakibook
kychoo99
chamts1
quintaruban
LeCouple
ivan.wong
enzo520
moderneagle
WongKN
carz
whwong
erwan
azirulfahmie
matlap
khlim_77
VS126
bal
2A3
thegoodarcher
jokiarch
erikgoh
royroy
skydna
elhefe
jackyuen
uncle_vic
hifikrazy
chua55
mofaz
ecoli123
fizi
gloraglory
viboys88
shah zain
hazy
catal2002
ongaaron
funeralmarch
drife
jazzfunksoulmusic
Landy
igmcheah
ARTESUANO
CT-Boy
auronthas
shaiful
leonard ong
Bite
mugenfoo
highcut28
Bono
azri
tlkoo
jazzy939
cmboy
llsaw
tycham
||soong
zeebee
mad.onenad
bimmerman
joydivision
kancan
wingman
hasnul
sting
96 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by llsaw Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 am

I like my high fidelity so no MP3s What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin The RB CD format is already compromised enough and modern recordings is making things even worse with too much boosting and compression.

What I'll do is listen to 1-2 samples and will usually buy the CDs if the samples take off with me. If the album ends up not resounding with me then it's archiving at worse or the s/hand market..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by llsaw Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 am

Listened to this apart from "Animals" yesterday after inspiring pixs from Mr. Leonard Ong What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_cool

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 30th Anniversary Edition Hybrid SACD. The Saturn only plays CD so listened to the CD layer which on this pressing is inferior to SACD layer. Time for an Esoteric or Ayre C-5xeMP? Time will tell.. The Scorpios give excellent bass on the simulated heart beat for track #1 - Speak to Me
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 51V-q2I%2BrKL._SL500_AA300_

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 am

llsaw, give the JVC XRCD edition of DSOTM a listen if you can. I'm confident its sonically better than the SACD edition. (considering if you're solely playing the CD Red Book layer)
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:10 am

cmboy wrote:llsaw, give the JVC XRCD edition of DSOTM a listen if you can. I'm confident its sonically better than the SACD edition. (considering if you're solely playing the CD Red Book layer)

Yes, heard of that too. Will give it a try one of these days. Thanks for the tip!

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by CT-Boy Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Sadao Watanabe - How's Everything. Live at Budokan.

The only CD I have that lights up the 'de-emph' LED on my external DAC.
CT-Boy
CT-Boy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Pioneer PL-518X
Amplification: D'Bomb
Speakers: Monitor Audio RA252

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 am

Noah and the Whale - The First Days of Spring. This "concept" album starts off with some great drums like a war movie or a Kitaro cd What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin but is actually an album long paen regarding the breakup of a relationship. Pretty decent recording. Good enough that I've ordered their first album
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 51kuy%2B-2PiL._SL500_AA300_

Was reading the latest copy of Hi-Fi News talking out remastering of U2's "The Unforgetable Fire" album so decided to dig out my old CD for a listen. Sounds rather bright n lacking in bass for first couple of tracks but things improve by the time it gets to my favourite track "Bad". Am gonna get the remastered edition one of these days.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 41ihQUEZ4LL._SL500_AA300_

Decided to do U2 for rest of the evening so also took out my old (>14 years) MoFi pressing of U2's The Joshua Tree. Still sounds great and will do a direct comparo with the recent remasters one of these days.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 31BkMfTP2OL._SL500_AA300_

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bono Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:33 am

Was reading the latest copy of Hi-Fi News talking out remastering of U2's "The Unforgetable Fire" album so decided to dig out my old CD for a listen. Sounds rather bright n lacking in bass for first couple of tracks but things improve by the time it gets to my favourite track "Bad". Am gonna get the remastered edition one of these days.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 41ihQUEZ4LL._SL500_AA300_

Decided to do U2 for rest of the evening so also took out my old (>14 years) MoFi pressing of U2's The Joshua Tree. Still sounds great and will do a direct comparo with the recent remasters one of these days.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 31BkMfTP2OL._SL500_AA300_[/quote]

Agreed with "Bad" and "Where The Streets Has No Name" track always playing in my head...
The greatest rock band ever...
Bono
Bono

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 am

I recommend their autobiography "U2 by U2". Interesting read yet poignantly funny at times. Shows you that rock stars are also human like the rest of us..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTESUANO Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:48 am

Hi There,

During the period of CNY, unearth some of my rare/hard to find CD's for a spin.
Here are 1st part of them:

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0016

Sheffield Lab Drum & Track Disc (Us pressing) which
I found it better than my the other same CD from Canada & Japan.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0018

Sheffield Lab Gold CD - James Newton Howard & Friends

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0025

Sheffield Lab Gold CD - Amanda McBroom

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0019

Sheffield Lab Gold CD - The Sheffield Jazz Experience

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0021

Sheffield Lab Gold CD - Kodo Heartbeat Drummer Of Japan

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0022

Sheffield Lab Gold CD - James Harry & His Big Band

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0023

Sheffield Lab Gold CD - The Sheffield / A2TB Test Disc

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0024

Sheffield Lab - A World Apart
This CD been produced for testing of Bang & Olufsen's Hifi System.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0026

Sheffield Lab - Up Close Volume 2

ARTESUANO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by igmcheah Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

llsaw wrote:
cmboy wrote:llsaw, give the JVC XRCD edition of DSOTM a listen if you can. I'm confident its sonically better than the SACD edition. (considering if you're solely playing the CD Red Book layer)

Yes, heard of that too. Will give it a try one of these days. Thanks for the tip!

Pink Floyd Dark side Of The Moon on XRCD format? That's news to me. Where did you guys get this CD from? When was this released and sold? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

igmcheah
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Maybe China pressing? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_question What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Lol
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard ong Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 pm

mouth watering sheffield lab collections, mr artesuano. awesome! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_eek

leonard ong
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:49 pm

quote="igmcheah"]
llsaw wrote:

Pink Floyd Dark side Of The Moon on XRCD format? That's news to me. Where did you guys get this CD from? When was this released and sold? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes[/quote]

I've been doing some research. Pink Floyd archives does not list any XRCD pressing for Japan.

http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DJaCDPF.htm#DSOTM09

Will continue looking around..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm

US market lists the following manufactured by JVC mention under MFSL Ultradisc II. No mention of XRCD

Title: Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL UltraDisc II #2)
Record Company: Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
Catalog Number: UDCD 517
Bar Code: 0 1577-51517-2 7
Matrix Information:
1) Top: UDCD 517 5C MFD BY JVC
2) Top: UDCD 517 5C12 MFD BY JVC
Pressing Plant: JVC
Production Mastering: JVC
Release Information: Second UltraDisc II release. MFSL original master recording, 24 karat gold UltraDisc II. 8 page fold-open booklet.
Sound Mastering: Remastered by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab.
Total Time: 42:59
Track Peak Levels: 29.3 / 34.1 / 39.2 / 40.3 / 41.5 / 56.3 / 49.2 / 57.8 / 52.9 / 60.0
Description:
Front Cover: Black with prism. Across the top in gold it says Original Master Recording.
Back Cover: Black. Title. Song titles. Credits. In the lower right is the bar code. Lower center is the MFSL logo. Lower left is the Harvest logo. "ULTRADISC II."
Cover wrap-around: Issued in a plastic jewel case that featured the lift / lock system for holding the CD, with a thin paper cover wrap-around on the outside. The front of the wrap-around extended around the front left side of the CD, and says "UltraDisc II - The Ultimate Listening Experience! - The original limited edition 24-karat gold audiophile collector's disc." The spine of the CD is covered by the wrap-around on the top and left side, with the CD title and catalog number on both, and the bar code on the top flap. The back of the wrap-around had the CD title, songs, catalog number, and an explanation of UltraDisc II. The inside of the wrap-around has a listing of MFSL titles available as of September 1993.
Longbox: Some copies of this CD were issued in a cardboard longbox case with a red strip containing the words "Original Master Recording" across the top, and a round UltraDisc sticker on the front.
Label: Matte black label on a gold disk, with the label information etched out so that it appears to be written in gold.
To the right of the center hole, it says "ULTRADISC II."
At the top edge of the label, it says:
24 KT Gold Plated
At the bottom edge of the label, it says:
"Made in USA"

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:06 pm

joydivision wrote:Maybe China pressing? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_question What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Lol

This could be a possibility. Again from Pink Floyd archives.

http://www.pinkfloydarchives.com/DCnCDPF.htm#PFDSOTM1

EMI's Typhoon Music: Typhoon Music is a joint venture between EMI Records and various music companies operating in the People's Republic Of China and Hong Kong. Typhoon/EMI began operations in 2003 in the People's Republic of China, and issues albums on Typhoon/EMI's PushTyphoon label. In Hong Kong, albums are issued on Typhoon's Gold Label.
Counterfeit CDs: Black market or counterfeit compact discs are very common in China. These non-licensed, illegal releases can be distinguished by a number of different features:

1. Counterfeit compact discs may be given special designations to make them appear to be high quality. Such designations include HDCD, Gold CD, DSD CD, XRCD, etc. These are all pirated CDs.
  2. Counterfeit compact discs are generally always completely filled with music, i.e. they are 74 to 80 minutes in length. Counterfeiters fill up the entire compact disc with songs from other albums, or put two albums on a single disc, whereas official releases just have a single album on the disc.
  3. Counterfeit compact discs may have alot of different record companies listed, i.e. Sony/BMG, EMI, Universal, etc. The pirates list them to make the CD look official, even though many of the names are companies that are not even associated with one another.
  4. Counterfeit compact discs may have words misspelled on the cover or label. It is common for a Chinese counterfeiter to misspell English words.
  5. Counterfeit compact discs may have the IFPI number scratched out or removed from the matrix. The reason this is done is so that the record plant that pressed the discs cannot be identified.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:16 pm

llsaw wrote:
joydivision wrote:Maybe China pressing? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_question What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Lol

This could be a possibility. Again from Pink Floyd archives.

http://www.pinkfloydarchives.com/DCnCDPF.htm#PFDSOTM1

EMI's Typhoon Music: Typhoon Music is a joint venture between EMI Records and various music companies operating in the People's Republic Of China and Hong Kong. Typhoon/EMI began operations in 2003 in the People's Republic of China, and issues albums on Typhoon/EMI's PushTyphoon label. In Hong Kong, albums are issued on Typhoon's Gold Label.
Counterfeit CDs: Black market or counterfeit compact discs are very common in China. These non-licensed, illegal releases can be distinguished by a number of different features:

1. Counterfeit compact discs may be given special designations to make them appear to be high quality. Such designations include HDCD, Gold CD, DSD CD, XRCD, etc. These are all pirated CDs.
  2. Counterfeit compact discs are generally always completely filled with music, i.e. they are 74 to 80 minutes in length. Counterfeiters fill up the entire compact disc with songs from other albums, or put two albums on a single disc, whereas official releases just have a single album on the disc.
  3. Counterfeit compact discs may have alot of different record companies listed, i.e. Sony/BMG, EMI, Universal, etc. The pirates list them to make the CD look official, even though many of the names are companies that are not even associated with one another.
  4. Counterfeit compact discs may have words misspelled on the cover or label. It is common for a Chinese counterfeiter to misspell English words.
  5. Counterfeit compact discs may have the IFPI number scratched out or removed from the matrix. The reason this is done is so that the record plant that pressed the discs cannot be identified.

Thumbs up, Sherlock! Now if only you could find where cmboy got his DSOFTM XRCD from... What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_bounce
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:21 pm

This is bout as much Sherlocking as I will do. I'll just let CMBoy state his case. Would love to checkout the cover and details.

In the meantime I'll just listen to my DSOTM SACD on my trusty Saturn CDP and dream of my mega CD/SACD/DVD-A player..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTESUANO Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi There,

My 2nd part of unearth rare/hard to find for spin during the period of CNY.

Here are 2nd part of them:

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0028

Golden String - The Wonderful Sound Of Three Blind Mice

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0029

Sheffield Lab - Music For Winds Of Percussion

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0030

Sheffield Lab - Erich Liensdorf

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0031

Cai Qin Gold Disc- Old Song -Japan Press
(This one still un-open as I had another cd)

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0032

Stradivarius On Gold - Yoko Fujita & Keiko Ogura
(This one still un-open as I had another cd)

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0033

Gala Stradivarius Concert Gold Disc - Vivaldi Four Season

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Scan0034

The Golden Memories Of Mari Nakamoto Gold Disc

ARTESUANO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard ong Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:02 pm

china boleh! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_lol

i like this recording label, but now no more
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Cd10

leonard ong
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm

leonard ong wrote:

china boleh! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_lol

i like this recording label, but now no more
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Cd10

Sui! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Star3 What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Star3 What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Star3 I also like Consonance Audio!!!

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Where's the real DSOTM XRCD??!!!! One guy claimed the sound is more superior than the SACD version, another claimed he has heard of that version.

Meanwhile I'll just sit back and listen to Under Pressure by Queen and Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. I like to amuse myself on which version I like more. Darn it's hard to make decisions in life... Anyone wants to claim alternative versions to these recordings, be it XRCD or SACD?
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Lol
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

joydivision wrote:Where's the real DSOTM XRCD??!!!! One guy claimed the sound is more superior than the SACD version, another claimed he has heard of that version.

Meanwhile I'll just sit back and listen to Under Pressure by Queen and Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. I like to amuse myself on which version I like more. Darn it's hard to make decisions in life... Anyone wants to claim alternative versions to these recordings, be it XRCD or SACD?

Frankly Joydivision, do u always have to be so anally know it all offensive? CMBoy was just stating that he has a better sounding version of DSOTM compared to my SACD and I'm happy for him. Also pardon my speech but "heard of that" figuratively means I have heard from the grapevine about this version being discussed before and not I've heard the XRCD. Do I really care if it's real, fake or pirate or bootlegged or even if it's made in China? Not really. Am quite happy with my version plus I'm not a hard core collector and more of a music lover hence very rarely will have multiple versions or pressings unless its in my short list of all time favourite albums. I might check out the version described by CMBoy if I've time eventually as I've mentioned in my response to him.

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is one of the great albums out there so let's just enjoy it in whatever pressing and format. But hopefully not in low resolution MP3 though What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile

Hi CMBoy,

Would be great if you could publish details of your DSOTM XRCD. Am not "dying" to know its existence but it would be nice to learn something new everyday. One should never stop learning or sharing one's knowledge..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:10 pm

As anal as it might reflect you, I just want to find out the truth which is part of quest of knowledge.

By the way, what's wrong with listening to DSOTM in mp3 format? Say someone who can't afford a DSOTM SACD & hifi equipments and listen to that album in mp3 format. Does it make him any less of a music lover than you?
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:17 pm

joydivision wrote:As anal as it might reflect you, I just want to find out the truth which is part of quest of knowledge.

By the way, what's wrong with listening to DSOTM in mp3 format? Say someone who can't afford a DSOTM SACD & hifi equipments and listen to that album in mp3 format. Does it make him any less of a music lover than you?

Of course it doesn't. But this is a hi-fi forum after all isn't it? So we should as much as possible try to promote great sounding and recorded music..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by shaiful Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:54 pm

For tonight i listen to Bruce Katz Band - Crescent Crawl

shaiful
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 pm

llsaw wrote: Of course it doesn't. But this is a hi-fi forum after all isn't it? So we should as much as possible try to promote great sounding and recorded music..

Point taken. I'll start saving for an entry level hifi set and start collecting cds instead of listening to mp3s. What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Back to music listening, I'm playing The Dears - Gang of Losers. Mp3s are good...

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 The_de10

By the way anyone has a copy of No Cities Left which was released in 2004? Dying to get a hold of that.
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 am

joydivision wrote:
llsaw wrote: Of course it doesn't. But this is a hi-fi forum after all isn't it? So we should as much as possible try to promote great sounding and recorded music..

Point taken. I'll start saving for an entry level hifi set and start collecting cds instead of listening to mp3s. What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile

Oh.. judging by the pixs you have posted in "How many CDs/ LPs do you have?" I'm sure you don't have to start collecting What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_lol

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 am

llsaw wrote:Oh.. judging by the pixs you have posted in "How many CDs/ LPs do you have?" I'm sure you don't have to start collecting What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_lol

Well if you want to think that I only have mp3s in my collection and all the albums I've posted in the forum are in mp3s, be my guest.

Nothing beats from working from home. Ahhh time to wake the neighbors.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Cradle10

Mmm, do I have this in mp3s or CD? And oh did I tell anyone I've met Dani Davey before? Lol
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 am

joydivision wrote:
llsaw wrote:Oh.. judging by the pixs you have posted in "How many CDs/ LPs do you have?" I'm sure you don't have to start collecting What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_lol

Well if you want to think that I only have mp3s in my collection and all the albums I've posted in the forum are in mp3s, be my guest.

Nothing beats from working from home. Ahhh time to wake the neighbors.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Cradle10

Mmm, do I have this in mp3s or CD? And oh did I tell anyone I've met Dani Davey before? Lol

Ahh? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Why so defensive? I have never thought of what you're thinking if it makes you feel better and less hung up. If you like MP3s good for you but the fact is this is a hi-fi forum as I've stated previously. Lets just end all this nonsense...

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 am

I read this topic once a while, not everyday.
MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES!... I MADE A GENUINE MISTAKE!..
I got mixed up with DSOTM and Dire Straits Brother in Arms XRCD. (amongst many others in XRCD)
I did a very close listening comparison of a stack of various editions of BIA I have in my collection.(one of my high favourite albums) Perhaps I wasn't thinking straight during the time of posting because being preoccupied with amazement and happy to read what you guys are enjoying spinning very nice cd's every other day.

There's NO xrcd of DSOTM... not that I know of (when I'm really thinking straight). I only have the SACD and double CD US pressed version in my collection. I had a chance to buy the Mobile Fidelity version many years ago but didn't take it up, perhaps not really into this kind of rock. Nevertheless I was really amazed with Roger Waters Amused to Death gold disc on CBS Mastersound Long Box edition which is among another most precious aquisitions from years ago.

Regretfully yours.. cmboy!..
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 am

cmboy wrote:I read this topic once a while, not everyday.
I got mixed up with DSOTM and Dire Straits Brother in Arms XRCD. (amongst many others in XRCD)
I did a very close listening comparison of a stack of various editions of BIA I have in my collection.(one of my high favourite albums) Perhaps I wasn't thinking straight during the time of posting because being preoccupied with amazement and happy to read what you guys are enjoying spinning very nice cd's every other day.

There's NO xrcd of DSOTM... not that I know of. I only have the SACD and double CD US pressed version in my collection. I had a chance to buy the Mobile Fidelity version many years ago but didn't take it up, perhaps not really into this kind of rock. Nevertheless I was really amazed with Roger Waters Amused to Death gold disc on CBS Mastersound Long Box edition which is among another most precious aquisitions from years ago.

Too many CDs already in your collection CMBoy. Care to donate some? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:18 am

llsaw wrote:
Too many CDs already in your collection CMBoy. Care to donate some? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile

Hahaha!.. Tell you some truth, another lot of a dozen cd's coming my way soon, not entirely audiophile of course but I think they're of collectible status in some years to come and OF COURSE I fancy the music very much. I don't simply buy for the sake of buying.
BTW, please don't simply say some disc is China pressing. There's always tell tale signs (developed by own research and experience) whether a disc is genuine or not.

BTW, that Tsai Chin Denon IS A GENUINE JAPAN PRESS. I have 2 edtions of these.. Just took the pic.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Tsai_c11
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by igmcheah Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:45 pm

cmboy wrote:I read this topic once a while, not everyday.

There's NO xrcd of DSOTM... not that I know of (when I'm really thinking straight). I only have the SACD and double CD US pressed version in my collection. I had a chance to buy the Mobile Fidelity version many years ago but didn't take it up, perhaps not really into this kind of rock. Nevertheless I was really amazed with Roger Waters Amused to Death gold disc on CBS Mastersound Long Box edition which is among another most precious aquisitions from years ago.

Wow, there is a double CD version of Dark Side Of The Moon? When was this released in the USA? What are the songs in the second disc? What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_eek

igmcheah
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Errrrrrr...GERAM GERAM WITH MYSELF! I think I should bang my my head a few times to think straight. Its Pink Floyd The Wall double disc. Its SACD DSOTM and normal run of the mill DSOTM.
Thanks for bring me to my senses. I think I really need STRONG STRONG COFFEE NOW!
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 pm

This is getting to predictable. Maybe I'll start claiming I have Animal 4 disc boxset.

Mr. Cheah, remember we were talking about the Pink Floyd's Shine On boxset and the first disc is titled 'The Early Singles'. I just read that there are 2 unreleased tracks in that cd namely "Point Me at the Sky" and "Apples and Oranges". I was wondering if there are other formats available for these two songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Early_Singles_(Pink_Floyd_album)
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:12 pm

joydivision wrote:This is getting to predictable. Maybe I'll start claiming I have Animal 4 disc boxset.

Look her Mr Joy.. I come out in the open and admitted my mistake almost immediately! My postings are not with any offence nor malice nor purposely to mislead. Like anyone else, its up to anyone to believe or not. If its a genuine mistake, its a genuine mistake. You really don't have to rub it in.
If you HAVE A PROBLEM or SOME GRUDGE WITH ME... SAY SO!

Last edited by cmboy on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by joydivision Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:14 pm

[/quote]

Look her Mr Joy.. I admitted my mistake almost immediately! My postings are not with any offence nor malice.
If you HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME... SAY SO!.. you don't have to be sarcastic![/quote]

I have a problem with you, do you have a problem with that?
joydivision
joydivision
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard ong Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 pm

cmboy wrote:
llsaw wrote:

Hahaha!.. Tell you some truth, another lot of a dozen cd's coming my way soon, not entirely audiophile of course but I think they're of collectible status in some years to come and OF COURSE I fancy the music very much. I don't simply buy for the sake of buying.
BTW, please don't simply say some disc is China pressing. There's always tell tale signs (developed by own research and experience) whether a disc is genuine or not.

BTW, that Tsai Chin Denon IS A GENUINE JAPAN PRESS. I have 2 edtions of these.. Just took the pic.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Tsai_c11

huiyo!! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_flower mine is the left one!! the right one same songs as left or not? i like the recording. it's light & flat. i even go down hunting every performers under this label before they disappear from the shelf. damn!! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_mad.

now listening to rod stewart "i don't want to talk about it" What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Kopfschuettel

leonard ong
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Leonard, they're not the same track list. Both albums together offer a nice reprospective of Tsai Chin's hits although some tracks are not among her greatest hits. I could think the tracks are selected based on merit of audiophile quality. I remember buying both at MPH bookstore a long time ago.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Landy Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Right now i'm listening to my 8 year old nephew practice his scales on the 97 Key Bösendorfer. Excruciating!
Landy
Landy
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CT-Boy Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:42 pm

American Idol, Top 8 girls Very Happy

Landy, you have my sympathy..

Last edited by CT-Boy on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
CT-Boy
CT-Boy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Pioneer PL-518X
Amplification: D'Bomb
Speakers: Monitor Audio RA252

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Last nite was great! What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile

Martin Gore - Counterfeit 2. Depeche Mode's main songwrite released his second solo album in 2003 14 years after his first EP. As per Counterfeit concept the songs are not writtien by Martin but are instead by his favourite artists including Lou Reed, John Lennon, Nick Cave, etc. There is even one song sung entirely in German! Primarily electronic in nature
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 41FZAQJF89L._SL500_AA300_

Joni Mitchell - Blue (HDCD, remastered). Need more be said?
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 41FYlmxUC1L._SL500_AA300_

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Between Here and Gone. Ms Carpenter's my favourite country/folk/acoustic/pop singer songwrite and IMHO this is her best album based primarily on themes of travel, marriage and by 9/11. Melodic and beautiful!
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 41MMq9qC3hL._SL500_AA300_

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

Noah and the Whale - Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down. Was so pleasantly surprised by their second album that I had to get their debut. Despite the depressing title "Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down" is the exact opposite of "The First Days of Spring" in terms on mood. Much more cheerful! Excellent sound quality too!
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 51DC2F5lAQL._SL500_AA240_

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzfunksoulmusic Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 am

Hey, guys. Do you know what is funk and how it sounds like?

jazzfunksoulmusic
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am

Vey recent aquisition of Asian artist LP to CD reissue replica gotten from here and online.
All those sticker labels aren't on the actual cover graphics but on the protective plastic sleeve.
Had a wild idea of intending to frame them up somehow.
The actual vinyl LP would have been costly so I settled for re-issues and I'm quite happy with the remastered cd's. Amazingly, many of these are EXCELLENT. I can't really complain about the sound considering the price of each made great economical sense and worth it.
Shown below is a huge part of the artist's entire career discography (a couple more not shown here). Crazy huh..considering some tracks may be repeated in some discs. I could have settled for Greatest Hits disc and thats that, but didn't.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Pc11
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:05 pm

These 2 arrived yesterday.

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell. Inspired by Leonard Ong What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Icon_smile HMV UK's having a sale on Pink Floyd and am considering getting "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 314H9V1SPGL._SL500_AA180_

Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon. Slowly completing my Joni Mitchell catalogue. Similar in style to Blue.
What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 31TblMIVmrL._SL500_AA240_

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:53 pm

jazzfunksoulmusic, if james brown is reference funk then its a bit too pure for me. i prefer other variants like bill withers, ray brown trio, chili peppers, rage against, some jamiroquai gets my feet tapping.
if you're into new age and solo guitars try Trace Bundy (videos on youtube). very intelligent and mind boggling indeed. remember that Canon Digital Ixus jingle? that track's only so so, he's got really good tracks with reasonably good recordings. my chai qin, mary black, jennifer warnes, aaron neville, gabrielle roth totem, holly cole etc cds are getting dusty now. 

drife
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Character sheet
Source(s): USJ
Amplification: Subang Jaya
Speakers: Selangor

http://drifeaudio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzfunksoulmusic Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:17 am

drife wrote:jazzfunksoulmusic, if james brown is reference funk then its a bit too pure for me. i prefer other variants like bill withers, ray brown trio, chili peppers, rage against, some jamiroquai gets my feet tapping.
if you're into new age and solo guitars try Trace Bundy (videos on youtube). very intelligent and mind boggling indeed. remember that Canon Digital Ixus jingle? that track's only so so, he's got really good tracks with reasonably good recordings. my chai qin, mary black, jennifer warnes, aaron neville, gabrielle roth totem, holly cole etc cds are getting dusty now.

I c Smile Seems that you are more into the late music thats infulence a bit of funk as you mentioned Smile besides, if you like the late artist that have a heavy funk, you should try greyboy and the all star or poets of ryhthm. I thought Bill Whiters is soul singer? If i'm not mistaken, he is a soul singer. He is more soulful than funky but he has a few nice funky stuffs . As I know, Ray brown is a jazz artist. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

jazzfunksoulmusic
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by funeralmarch Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:23 pm

how do you guys think about this album? An old album from Norah Jones,

What are you listening to right now? - Page 3 Come%20Away%20With%20Me

Jazz vocal kinda new to me.
funeralmarch
funeralmarch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next