Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners

+23
tin
kamen555
OutdoorXplorer
jchong
Michaelyong
bimmerman
ckyongs
Tachikoma
car o scope
bassraptor
tycham
hughesths
joeling
BrAvO
kkthen
WongKN
wabun
Wan Azami Hamzah
runemaster
sflam
peter32
mugenfoo
llsaw
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Empty Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners

Post by llsaw Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:40 am

It is now consistently without doubt that my hi-fi sucks at night prime time (8pm to 11pm) compared to other times of the day. Bass is less & without impact and likewise the midband/top end sounds dull and devoid of life. A decent power conditioner is now another top priority. Does anyone here have any first hand experience. These things are not cheap! The RGPC 400 Pro for example costs >RM3K!

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Empty Re: Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners

Post by mugenfoo Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:59 am

llsaw wrote: It is now consistently without doubt that my hi-fi sucks at night prime time (8pm to 11pm) compared to other times of the day. Bass is less & without impact and likewise the midband/top end sounds dull and devoid of life. A decent power conditioner is now another top priority. Does anyone here have any first hand experience. These things are not cheap! The RGPC 400 Pro for example costs >RM3K!

This happens because at daytime, the electrical grid is more inductive while at night, it usually gets more capacitative (or was it the other way around).

Either way, the "power factor" drops and thats why most likely the reason why your hifi equipment sounds worse coz its not getting enough "usable power" from the mains.

Look for good power conditioners what can do power-factor correction, in addition to the usual noise filters and energy storage features.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Empty Re: Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners

Post by peter32 Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:10 pm

May I know if I were to build the power line from scratch, what should I do to the power grid or house cabling to prevent unstable power supply? I ask because I am in the midst of doing major house reno, so can still do something to prevent that if possible.

Thanks.

peter32
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 pm

i don't think u can do anything to change things in the grid cos it's connected to other houses, shophouses, factories, offices, etc. in yr area.
but what u can do to have better power supply to yr hi fi equipment is to have a dedicated line for it i.e. don't include the fridge, washing machine, etc in the same circuit. also ask the electrician to use a larger gauge wire. i know someone who wired a 32amp dedicated line for his hi fi.
as for ways to solve yr problem:
1) listen to music after peak hours when fewer people are using power from the grid.
2) buy a power regenerator, but that will cost $$$.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peter32 Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Thanks for the info.

peter32
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by runemaster Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:18 pm

sflam wrote:i don't think u can do anything to change things in the grid cos it's connected to other houses, shophouses, factories, offices, etc. in yr area.
but what u can do to have better power supply to yr hi fi equipment is to have a dedicated line for it i.e. don't include the fridge, washing machine, etc in the same circuit. also ask the electrician to use a larger gauge wire. i know someone who wired a 32amp dedicated line for his hi fi.
as for ways to solve yr problem:
1) listen to music after peak hours when fewer people are using power from the grid.
2) buy a power regenerator, but that will cost $$$.

WOW!! 32amp!! HOw much does it cost? I bet it is in the thousands

runemaster
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Easy lah, just buy a Diesel generator, put it at your own backyard ...
Just like those construction sites!

Guarantee the power sure chun chun one.

Smile
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wan Azami Hamzah Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Or better still, power everything using big rechargeable batteries, seriously. I once used battery powered preamp by Crimson Elektrik.
Wan Azami Hamzah
Wan Azami Hamzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Guys,

Back to topic. Any power conditioners to recommend?

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:21 pm

PowerTrans Junior.. Malaysia Boleh Trans

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 423

Character sheet
Source(s): Mac mini - Bryston BDP - Calyx DAC 24/192 - Rega P8
Amplification: Jumpan Balance - ARC VT100Mk3 - Musical Fidelity FX
Speakers: JBL 4313B , Harbeth P3esr

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:56 pm

I strongly second the suggestion by wabun. PowerTrans is a must for most Malaysian homes. Andrew, one of the problems with your system is that our power supply voltage drops significantly at night. That is when everyone goes home and switches on the air-cond and starts using the water-heater (to take bath). I have a volt-meter my friend made for me from an industrial unit and I noticed that day-time (especially weekday) average is around almost 240volts. But at night, this can drop to as low as 225 or even 220volts. If you have bought your equipment from a good dealer, then it will surely be spec'ed properly for Malaysian use, i.e. 240volts. If you power an amp which requires 240V with only 220V, that's when it will sound weak and harsh and lack detail, etc.

My rule of thumb for my PowerTran is to calculate the maximum wattage required for the whole system and then get the PowerTran spec'ed for more than this value (I won't tell you how much my PowerTran is rated at but it is several kW). Sometimes the manufacturer (of the hifi equipment) does not specifiy how much the power amp draws (unlike Krell for e.g.). In that case, check the rating of the fuse and then calculate the max power draw from that. Add the ratings for all equipments together and your power conditioner -must- be able to supply more power than that.

All these are IMHO of course.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:24 am

If u use PowerTrans, you must be very rajin to always check the voltmeter and set it accordingly. Its a completely manual device.

If for any reason you "terlupa" to check each time before you play, then there is a risk of over-stepping up the voltage.

Just remember, PowerTrans is a "M"VR, not an AVR. The M = Manual.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:00 am

Errr.. and where can I buy this Power Trans?

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 am

POWERTRANS Junior ( Used )

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners POWERTRANS+JUNIOR_resize
Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners POWERTRANS+JUNIOR+B_resize
POWERTRAN 2 KVA

Model : Junior

RM 1000

Posted by Dong Fong Audio (Ipoh) at 6:08 PM
Ken Sin +(6012)4678788

Mayb oredi sold, dunno..try ur luck..

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kkthen Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm

llsaw wrote:Errr.. and where can I buy this Power Trans?

IF you want to looking for the new one, you can get it from Audio image at PJ.
But try to get the new generation of Power Trans which is Balance version. Better than the old version. IF budget is high, try Furutech daytona 303, the effect is one of the best.

kkthen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:01 pm

what is the different between "old version" vs "balance version" ?

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:13 pm

I am a user of the Power Trans 2KVA with Balanced transformer, I leave it on 24H/7Days without switching off. No Problems at all even on lightning day. Yes, the output voltage may vary from day to night but for my case, only marely a few Volt different at my area. The best thing with Power Trans is that the voltage selector at the front can be adjusted to suit your equipment's need; the higher voltage you select, the lower output will be. There is also another switch to compensiate -5V too.

For the price & quality built inside, STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by kkthen Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:48 pm

wabun wrote:what is the different between "old version" vs "balance version" ?
In normal wiring there is one neutral wire
which is always at (almost) ground potential and other wire which carries
the 240V AC voltage. There is also a separate safety ground wire.
In balanced power there is two out of phase 120V lines rather than normal 240V and neutral. The voltage difference between those out of phase 120V lines is 240V, so the equipments will get full 240V between their
power input pins. The balanced power is generated from normal
AC voltage by using an isolation transformer with centre-tapped 240V output and the centre-tap of the output is grounded.
That expensive power balancing equipment is just a 1:1 mains power
isolation transformer with a center tap to ground, so that
you have two legs of AC which are 180' out of phase with respect to one
another (with respect to ground), so that your ground currents cancel out.
The important fact not noted is that
the center tap is also situated as a the center of the output voltage
swing. That's the key in a balanced power system.

kkthen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 pm

I think a power regenerator will suit your needs. Something like a Purepower 2000 will work nicely. The one shown below is the smaller brother though.

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners A_13purepower

Check out the review by the Star

http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/story.asp?file=/2009/4/27/afreviews/3755138&sec=afreviews

Regards,
Joe Ling
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by runemaster Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm

That thing costs over 10k.......

runemaster
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hughesths Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Although PurePower might be considered expensive, it is still worth to audition before you buy.
Just imagine that you could power your whole hifi system using its battery mode ( PurePower unit totally unplugged from wall outlet ) for 30 minute min to 5 hours max continuously depending on your total gears power consumption, how loud the listening level, battery charging level and which PurePower models you are using, you will be impressed by your hifi system sonic performance by this true "isolated pure/clean power" powering your system.
You could also consider adding another PurePower battery pack to prolong your "battery mode" listening period, if you wish to.
If your budget permits, get the bigger Purepower 2000i for more dynamic headroom for your hifi system.
There is a drawback of course, that the Purepower internal batteries would need replacement after few years of usage. There is battery replacement by user procedure guide included in PurePower manual.

hughesths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:19 pm

runemaster wrote:That thing costs over 10k.......

So much desire... so little money ... sigh.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Maybe this would help in making an informed choice.

http://hifi-unlimited.blogspot.com/2009/09/power-of-silence-more-adventures-with.html

Reading the comments at the end is an imperative.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi kkthen, your description is welldone. I learn something today.Thanks ! Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_razz

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 am

The PurePower 1050i is sufficient for most needs - you can send the website a list of your electronics to e plugged in and they will recommend which model. Also remember that valve and SS power amps place different loads on the PurePower. For example, the load on the power regenerator is minimal even with a 400-watt ss power amp plugged in. However, with my multi-mode (50-150W) all-tube power amp, it's about 50% in operation.

I've also plugged in the Audio Magic Stealth to the PurePower and run my equipment of its outlets. A sceptical dealer was pretty surprised at the results ....

Then again, all amp manufacturer will tell you to plug directly into the wall socket ... Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:14 am

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Sdc10017v

We used this in the 90s for the our office computers. Found one in the store. Still can power up but wonder if can use for hi fi equipments.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 am

tycham wrote:
We used this in the 90s for the our office computers. Found one in the store. Still can power up but wonder if can use for hi fi equipments.

Try and see(hear) lah .... Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Sdc10017v

sound bad. I tried b4. very worst than direct plug to wall plug.

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:06 pm

mugenfoo wrote:

Try and see(hear) lah .... Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin

Quite heavy to lug home. Tried on the computer speaker, think got a little more kick on the lower mid-range.

wabun wrote:

sound bad. I tried b4. very worst than direct plug to wall plug.

Really! Then shouldn't waste time lugging it home to try.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 pm

How much is a new Power Trans incidently? Not RM1K rite? I think I will try a RGPC 400 Pro one of these days. Hi-fi Unlimited is dangerous poison. Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin Remaining budget for the year just got taken with a Siltech ST-18 IQ interconnect upgrade

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

mugenfoo wrote:Easy lah, just buy a Diesel generator, put it at your own backyard ...
Just like those construction sites!

Guarantee the power sure chun chun one.

Smile

Good idea. Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_razz
But where to park the generator if staying at terrace house? Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_lol

OK. Back to the topic.
I think there are not many out there which has multiple functions like AVR, UPS and Regulator all in one, right?
Audio Image's PowerTrans ada ka?
(Apart from PurePower. Too expensive Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_sad )
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hughesths Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:56 pm

APC- American Power Company. Its products seem assembled in India now.

hughesths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 pm

hughesths wrote:APC- American Power Company. Its products seem assembled in India now.
Hmmm.. I have seen these APC stuffs at IT shops too.
They have a wide range. The biggest is 1500VA.
The price is not too expensive given its features.
Any of you here used APC before?
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 pm

llsaw wrote: Hi-fi Unlimited is dangerous poison. Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin

So many choices... no money ... sigh!
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tachikoma Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 pm

Wouldn't something like this work too?
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP5206&CATID=&keywords=UPS&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

or this:
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MP5210&keywords=UPS&form=KEYWORD

(Granted these things aren't cheap, but its a lot less than RM10k)

From what I've read I think it uses the battery like a massive capacitor in line with the mains (so the battery is being continuously recharged while you're using the UPS), so wouldn't this sort out your power issues?

Edit: only the second one does that, and so they charge you a bit more of a premium for that but its still far less than most "power regenerators" marketed for hi-fi.

Tachikoma

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:03 am

tycham wrote:
llsaw wrote: Hi-fi Unlimited is dangerous poison. Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin

no money = limited or no choices.

Alot of money => freedom of choice (including choosing "not to buy" as well). Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_twisted

If no money, the option is only restricted to "cannot buy becoz no money". Where got choice here? Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_evil
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by hughesths Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 am

The non audiophile designed ups and avr would normally sound bad with hifi system, serious audition should be done before any purchase.

hughesths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:33 am

mugenfoo wrote:
tycham wrote:

no money = limited or no choices.

Alot of money => freedom of choice (including choosing "not to buy" as well). Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_twisted

If no money, the option is only restricted to "cannot buy becoz no money". Where got choice here? Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_evil

Money not enuff should be more apt.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 am

choose for isolation type instead of autotransformer, normal IT use regulator is autotransformer, this design won't help especially will make power amp sound worst.with same VA rating, the isolation type is many times more bigger than autotransformer.
as well as the price

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ckyongs Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 am

How about just plugging in an isolation transformer? Worth investing cause I found one selling 3kVA for about RM600. Not sure if toriodal or normal type. Going to check it out later. Any advise?

ckyongs
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by hughesths Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Still, it would be better that you could audition the isolation transformer preferably with your own hifi system before you buy.
My RGPC Substation ( isolation transformer )has obviously improved hifi system sound - wider/deeper soundstage, better transient/bass control, quieter background-better imaging/decay/airier... and av system - wider soundfield, more controlled subwoofer low bass,dynamic...projector picture quality - blacker, more vibrant colour....
Please bear in mind that it is only an isolation transformer ( just for system isolaton )but not a voltage regulator.

hughesths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ckyongs Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 pm

thanks. can't audition cause it is sold by a electrical installter hardware shop. maybe buy a vr later.

ckyongs
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:09 pm

hughesths wrote:Still, it would be better that you could audition the isolation transformer preferably with your own hifi system before you buy.
My RGPC Substation ( isolation transformer )has obviously improved hifi system sound - wider/deeper soundstage, better transient/bass control, quieter background-better imaging/decay/airier... and av system - wider soundfield, more controlled subwoofer low bass,dynamic...projector picture quality - blacker, more vibrant colour....
Please bear in mind that it is only an isolation transformer ( just for system isolaton )but not a voltage regulator.

RGPC Substation is also megabucks!!! Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_cry

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Hmmm.. I think I should dig out more info before I make my decision.
Sounds like buying such a thing is no easy task too.
Will pay Adrian a visit to get info of those PowerTrans too. Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_biggrin
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:37 am

I'm using a sub-RM300 device called the Harmonix Enacom which is essentially a capacitor that works in parallel so it does not mess with current draw. Just plug it into a unused AC receptacle and it works it magic smoothing out messy AC waveforms. Seems to work fine too. So cheap you'll flip. Might get another one.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 am

True, I have the AC Enacom soldered into all of my equipments. It's soldered on the internal IEC socket. Sound much quiter/darker. I have all of the Enacom products too; Speaker Enacom & Line Enacom. These are good & more affortable tweeks to play with good performance.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 am

But Enacom tends to kill off alot of detailing as well.

it's a hack. and not a particularly good one for all occasions.

Speaker and interconnect Enacom definitely a nicht nicht. AC line & IEC sockets OK.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:04 pm

For my case, i don't think so. In fact, i can hear more by using them. I don't like to listen to bright system so it may suits my taste well.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelyong Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:35 pm

llsaw wrote:
hughesths wrote:Still, it would be better that you could audition the isolation transformer preferably with your own hifi system before you buy.

RGPC Substation is also megabucks!!! Lousy electrical power supply fix - Power Conditioners Icon_cry

I'm a newbie in HIFI world. so after all the info I got here, do we need to have both Voltage Regulator & Isolation Transformer at the same times?

so we plug the voltage regulator to the wall outlet and then isolation transformer to the voltage regulator?

Last edited by Michaelyong on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michaelyong

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by hughesths Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 pm

If you have the budget, they are good and worthy long term investment of your av or hifi system and they will not be obsolete like av players, receiver and projector.

hughesths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next